New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mkervin

100 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  13:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to delete a post.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.10]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND M.M_STATUS = 1' at line 1

I also get a message that there is an error in line 836 in pop_delete.asp

set rsCheck = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

=================================================================
This database is a converted Access db and I am testing it now on our local machine.

Another problem I discovered is when I add a new topic it doesn't open the topic it opens another one with my login name on it and if I attempt to click on the topic it throws me to the main default.asp page. Any ideas?

I won't bring this live until it works correctly. Right now this board is still running on an Access DB platform without errors.

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  14:50:55  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like maybe some of the columns are not the correct type, did you use the forum to create the mysql database?

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

mkervin

100 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  15:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No HuwR this was originally an Access database that I converted to MySQL via an export from MS Access using the OBDC data source. Originally, the forum was created using your setup page, I did not create or alter any fields other than the ones which Snitz created, and way back when it was created as an Access database forum.

Where do I find what fields need to be converted to a different data type in MySQL after the import? I really can use some help.

I love using Snitz on our site and would like to get this all figured out and running on MySQL.

Edited by - mkervin on 01 April 2011 15:41:50
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  15:55:14  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they may have got mangled in the export, the best solution is to use the setup.asp page of the forum to create the tables for you, then export just the data from access to mysql

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

mkervin

100 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  18:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will give it a try right now. Thanks!

OK HeidiSQL won't allow me to import the data and MS Access will not export just the data for me. Do you have any suggestions on which app will allow me to export the data from the Access tables into the tables in MySQL?

Edited by - mkervin on 01 April 2011 18:41:35
Go to Top of Page

mkervin

100 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2011 :  01:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I copied everything over to MySQL and I then did my mods so it added the proper fields too. I can browse my formum but I can't log in. When I type my user name and password it tells me I am logged in but I am not. It doesn't say my name under the log in and I can't edit a post. etc. What table would be causing this so I can check the values to see why I am not able to log in as a member or the administrator.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07