New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  09:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it could come in handy if you could be notified when a post's subject contained key words. For example: suppose there was a forum for "Help Wanted" and you wanted to know if any post had the word "computer" in the subject.

This mod will let you post any word or combination of words to watch for in a particular forum and have the system notify you if/when a post's subject matches those specifications. Max length of input is 75 characters.

Common words (a link to the list is provided for members) are ignored and 0 length values are rejected. Common words page is editable by Admin (can delete/add words, enables use with other languages).

I have the default maximum quantity per member set to 3 but the forum administrator gets an additional table in which the quantity and/or restrict access by mLev (including Members, Moderators, Admins, or Forum Administrator) can be set. Admins are exempt from the max quantity limit.

Thanks to Etymon for beta-testing.

Get your copy at SnitzBitz.

Edited by - Carefree on 08 June 2009 16:34:38

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2009 :  05:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent you an e-mail about it Carefree.
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2009 :  08:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2009 :  17:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, Carefree!

You guys, this is a very sweet MOD! I think it will help you retain members helping them to become more active because they will have less trouble finding topic subjects of specific interest to them.

This is a hassle-free MOD and very easy to install. Just a few files and a few brief code changes.

Carefree did a nice job on this! I'll be installing it on all of my work!

Cheers,

Etymon

Edited by - Etymon on 09 June 2009 20:52:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07