Mod: Email All Members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

endomorph

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 24 September 2006 :  16:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I though I would post this up as I have found it very useful.
I'm not sure if this was a MOD in itself, the "Email All Users", but here's what I've done.

I often needed to email all the members from different "departments" and hence a different email address. As standard the "Email all users" send the email from the forum default email address.

So, in admin_pop_mail.asp and find (around line 200) -

"              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ noWrap vAlign=""top"" align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Subject:</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><input maxLength=""60"" name=""Subject"" tabindex=""1"" value="""" size=""35""></td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"              </tr>" & vbNewLine & _

above that, add -

"              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ noWrap vAlign=""top"" align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>From:</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """> <select name=""email_from"" id=""email_from""><option value=""emailaddress1"">Name1</option><option value=""emailaddress2"">Name1</option><option selected=""selected"">Please Select</option></select></td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"              </tr>" & vbNewLine & _	

and replace 'emailaddress1' and 'Name1' with your own. Of course, you can add further options if required.

Finally, around line 149, find -

strFrom = strSender

and replace it with -

strFrom = trim(Request.Form("email_from"))

Job done !

<

Need help with your Snitz ? Most Snitz & ASP custom coding undertaken. Email for info | Search Engine Optimisation

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2006 :  22:56:45  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you endomorph.

Even the little MODs make a big difference.

Thanks for sharing your code.

Cheers,

Etymon
<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07