MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Display Forum topics on other page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2006 :  10:37:20  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a MOD that allows new posts in the forum to be displayed on a different page such as my sites homepage?<

Mangione Magic Forum - The Music of Chuck Mangione

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD

Podge
Support Moderator

Ireland
3775 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2006 :  13:49:59  Show Profile  Send Podge an ICQ Message  Send Podge a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Syndication mod - http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=195<

Podge.

The Hunger Site - Click to donate free food | My Blog | Snitz 3.4.05 AutoInstall (Beta!)

My Mods: CAPTCHA Mod | GateKeeper Mod
Tutorial: Enable subscriptions on your board

Warning: The post above or below may contain nuts.
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2006 :  16:08:07  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is exactly what I wanted! Thank you! Works great!<

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD
Go to Top of Page

inf1nity
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2006 :  13:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there firstly fantastic script and very useful too, i am having a problem embedding it into my site though, i have run through the Setuplinks.asp file and created a Javascript referance but cant get it to display on my page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Appologies it may well be me thats at fault, is this designed to run on a forum backed by SQL?

It is possible to use this with an Access DB?<

Edited by - inf1nity on 03 August 2006 13:37:26
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2006 :  14:13:00  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It says in the readme file:

quote:
Tested on MS SQL Server, although there shouldn't be anything that's database specific.
What problems are you having? I use an Access database for mine and have not had any problems.<

Edited by - leatherlips on 03 August 2006 14:13:49
Go to Top of Page

inf1nity
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2006 :  14:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running through the link setup is fine to create the script, its just i cant get anything to be displayed when i include the javascript in my webpage.

I have enlosed it in a table but with no success, could you post an example of your code please?<
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2006 :  14:20:29  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can see my script "in action" on my homepage.<

Edited by - leatherlips on 03 August 2006 18:35:51
Go to Top of Page

inf1nity
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2006 :  18:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fixed now, i hadnt setup the <TD> tags properly

Cheers for you reply.<
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2006 :  05:19:06  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to show an portion of text from the first message of the thread using this as well as the subject title?<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07