New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  09:06:47  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

http://www.ie7.com

Wow. I love it.

I wonder who's going to get a call from MS?<
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  09:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone check the CSS compatability issues?<
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  10:38:19  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

quote:

ROFL!!! That is hillarious.

I posted that purely for some simple humor, not because I subscribe to the belief that people should use Firefox. I feel as if I am one of those dying breeds that still love Microsoft products, especially their browser. However, I am not that naive to understand that I need other browsers, especially for testing web site development, but Firefox and Opera have never enticed me enough to want to switch. I am actually quite happy that IE7 is out and in the past few days I have been using it, I like it.<

Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  11:28:57  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if I like IE7 yet. Tabbed browsing is a bit alien to me, it's so easy to just press ctrl+n and pop up an identical browser window.

Think I may have found some kind of bug. Was working offline on a page in XML last night, attached to an XSL stylesheet. Worked fine. Downloaded IE7 this morning and the exact same XML page brought up a "The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/..." message. Uploaded it to my server and it worked fine. <

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

Zuel
Average Member

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  14:25:08  Show Profile  Visit Zuel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still beta, but I am happy with the previews.

quote:

That website is just fuel between the childish IE and Firefox war.

I can't wait for this broswer to come out, I love the sleek look. I hope the finished version is out soon.<

My Completed Mods: News Mod | Zuel's Avatar Add-on
In Development: World of Warcraft Member Roster | [C# Based Forum]

Note - I may take a few days to recieve your email. Hotmail filters all new emails as junk. Would be best to post all questions, concerns in a forum topic to catch my immediate attention. This way others can assist and also correct any similar mistakes.

MSN / E-Mail: ucyimDa_Ruler@Hotmail.com

Personal Bookmarks: How to work a DBS File
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  14:47:13  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkJH

Tabbed browsing is a bit alien to me, it's so easy to just press ctrl+n and pop up an identical browser window.

I had exactly the same opinion when I first started using it, but you soon wonder what you did without them<
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  16:39:34  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

quote:
Originally posted by MarkJH

Tabbed browsing is a bit alien to me, it's so easy to just press ctrl+n and pop up an identical browser window.

I had exactly the same opinion when I first started using it, but you soon wonder what you did without them

I would also agree. When I used Opera for testing web sites, I got distracted so much by the tabbed browsing that I actually modified the settings to turn off tabbed browsing. However, having used the Maxthon shell for IE for some time now, I've actually grown to like it.
<

Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  17:10:59  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zuel

That website is just fuel between the childish IE and Firefox war.

I'm not so sure I'd call "Browser War 2" (or whatever you want to call it) childish. Some of the participants, yes; the actual competition, no. Its good, technology-based competitions like this that help move the software forward.

As to the discussions related to using tabbed browsing, I love it. I used to have so many open windows it wasn't even funny. When I found the MyIE shell and FireFox I rejoiced. I still haven't had a chance to test out IE7 so I really can't say too much about it.<
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  19:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Microsoft
on CSS fixes

Someone please tell me how to enable opening a link in a new tab through middle click.<
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  19:26:31  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranko

Someone please tell me how to enable opening a link in a new tab through middle click.

I don't know whether it's because I have Maxthon configured for that, or whether because I'm using a Microsoft mouse, but middle clicking a link does open a new tab.<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  20:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a MS mouse too and it does nothing.<
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  20:30:08  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just checked at another computer where I have Maxthon installed too. Works the same way, that is, the middle click does it.<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2006 :  03:05:44  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
middle click works for me too, no maxthon installed, just standard IE7 and an MS mouse
<
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2006 :  06:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It started working for me as soon as I started the program for the third time.<
Go to Top of Page

Bassman

Netherlands
256 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2006 :  08:48:28  Show Profile  Visit Bassman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
middle button works nice.

Sites with a flash menu look a bit funny in IE7.<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07