Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2005 :  10:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, but there's still something more. I have removed tobes' br, but look at fordlover (bottom of the page), I think it's the DIV but I'll check the code.<
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2005 :  10:25:40  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've tried to show in the screenshot below what I think that's causing it.

The darker grey part is the table row used to position the 'go to top' image, and takes up a lot of space.
<

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2005 :  10:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know where you're heading, but try these two things to check that it's the DIV and not the TR with the "top" image in it :

1. Click on the page and press Ctrl-A, the DIV gets highlighted as a block.
2. Place the mouse pointer just to the left of the "top" image (I used the very last post on the page - by fordlover). Then click and drag upwards to the HR that separates the post from the sig. Again, the DIV gets highlighted.

That's why I think it's the DIV. I can see the space the TR is using, but that's only 20 pixels high.<
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Germany
82 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2005 :  13:32:03  Show Profile  Visit Sonic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi laser in your Forum the Signatures are:
<DIV style="OVERFLOW: hidden; WIDTH: auto; HEIGHT: auto; max-height: 110px; maxHeight: 110px; minmaxWidth: auto; minmaxHeight: auto" minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=spnMessageText minmax_bound="true"><FONT size=1 minmax_bound="true">SIGNATUR TEXT</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

mine looks like:
<div style="max-height: 110px; height: expression( this.scrollHeight > 110? '110px' : 'auto' ); overflow:hidden;""><span class="spnMessageText">SIGNATUR TEXT</span></div>

you have many things twice
and some other javascript running --> minmax....

for my script you only need the lines mentioned on the 1st post...<

ich finds genial...
bei uns ist es ratzekuz dunkel und bei dene alle heller nachmittag

Edited by - Sonic on 14 September 2005 13:33:26
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2005 :  17:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That fixed it

I had removed everything except for the include statement for the minmax javascript file, works fantastically now <
Go to Top of Page

mra
Starting Member

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  02:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance someone could show me where the following code goes in admin_config_features?

<TR>
<TD><FONT class="font1">Max. Signaturen Höhe:</FONT></TD>
<TD colspan=2><FONT class="font0"><input type="text" name="strSIGMaxHeight" size="3" maxLength="3" value="<% = chkExistElse(strSIGMaxHeight,65) %>"> Pixel</FONT></TD>
</TR>

cheers,
Matt<
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Germany
82 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2006 :  14:37:47  Show Profile  Visit Sonic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"
%>

<TR>
<TD><FONT class="font1">Max. Signaturen Höhe:</FONT></TD>
<TD colspan=2><FONT class="font0"><input type="text" name="strSIGMaxHeight" size="3" maxLength="3" value="<% = chkExistElse(strSIGMaxHeight,65) %>"> Pixel</FONT></TD>
</TR>

<%
Response.Write "
<

ich finds genial...
bei uns ist es ratzekuz dunkel und bei dene alle heller nachmittag
Go to Top of Page

maduko

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2006 :  08:14:27  Show Profile  Visit maduko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to restrict the signature from showing more than once in a thread. Other boards use this approach and it seems like a good idea.<

Places2ride.com

Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2006 :  22:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting concept maduko, I've never seen it used though.

Do you really mean once per thread, or once per page - where a thread can have multiple pages ?<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07