Articles commenting function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vjeran
Starting Member

Croatia
2 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2005 :  02:49:43  Show Profile  Visit Vjeran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does snitz implement some articles commenting functions, or can you give me some suggestions how to do that.<

Your Adriatic Guide! The online portal which offers full coverage on holiday destinations and accomodation in Croatia. Visitor can find here all about hot tourist destinations, cultural events, traffic connections, recreation, fun and more.

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2005 :  03:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best thing for you would be a forum or Google search for @tomicz article mod (carp, here it is).

It is based on topic.asp, and with minimanl editing you can remove commenting; make it look different from the article itself or make it optional (las one requieres some work).

Sidetreck: bok, dobro je naletiti na svoje na stranim forumima <
Go to Top of Page

Vjeran
Starting Member

Croatia
2 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2005 :  05:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Vjeran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, this may be very usefull, thanks. But i had different thing on my mind. Lets say syntax would be: click on link outside forum (comment article), script ckecks if topics with article name exist, if not adds new topic, if yes adds new post.
Other related script for website pages would be to list visitors comments from forum, to atrackt visitors from webpages acticles to forum.<

Your Adriatic Guide! The online portal which offers full coverage on holiday destinations and accomodation in Croatia. Visitor can find here all about hot tourist destinations, cultural events, traffic connections, recreation, fun and more.
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2005 :  19:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the easiest way for N0. 1 I can think of right now would be to add a comment article, use normal topic.asp but exclude the getfirst for that forum / category.

Second one is easy, I think the Mod is called Active topics something. Never really liked it, but it is floating around somewhere.<
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2005 :  05:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another suggestion would be to create a new forum for your artcicles and post each one as a topic there which would save you the need to check for an existing topic when someone goes to comment. If you don't want the forum to show up with the rest of them, you can always hide it.

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07