FAQ Addition Requests
 Delete Post Permissions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

secretsquirrel

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 10 June 2005 :  23:29:22  Show Profile  Visit secretsquirrel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a result of not charging membership fees covered in another topic here one of the main people in my forum has spat the dummy.
This person went and deleted and edited a large number of posts and threads in the forum making these meaningless. These were important to many members. As far as i know any info written in a public forum becomes property of the forum and this would be classed as vandalism.
Is there a way of making it so only mods and admin can delete or edit posts to stop this happening again?
It will make alot more work for us but i feel the info in the forum is well worth the work.
BTW the forum is about Australian Coins, Tokens and Banknotes and we have over 400 members ranging from Dealers down to the beginner who rely on the information from others.<

Anyone who says a square peg does not fit into a circular hole has never seen a crazy bítch with a hammer

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 10 June 2005 :  23:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, you can install a mod called Edit/Delete Post Time Limits by cripto9t. It will restrict users to editing posts to a certian ammount of time and is easy to install. I use it on a couple of my forums and it works a treat.
<

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

secretsquirrel

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2005 :  00:01:38  Show Profile  Visit secretsquirrel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, great support here once again
I had done a search but turned up nothing.
Now to start making some changes.<

Anyone who says a square peg does not fit into a circular hole has never seen a crazy bítch with a hammer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07