Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

nduitz
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2004 :  15:05:09  Show Profile
Nice work!! I have been considering adding a couple of MODS to my new Snitz forum but did not want to mess it up in the process. While I consider myself advanced at computers I have now programming experience. Your document gives excellent instructions on how to get started.

Thank you,

Neal Duitz<

Neal Duitz
Go to Top of Page

Doug Joseph
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2005 :  13:16:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by OneWayMule

NorvegianVoking, a nice addition IMO would be instructions on how to use "Alternative MOD Setup" for people who can't use the standard MOD Setup.

I'd like to second this motion, by way of "bumping" this excellent topic again. I am very much in want of some help/documentation/examples regarding the "Alternative MOD Setup" ... :)<

Sincerely,
Doug Joseph
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2005 :  11:11:43  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Just thought I'd add to this ... I ran into trouble with a few mods installed when I turned Email Validation and Restrict Registration on. The dbs files for mods like Skype & Phone Directory Mods don't update the MEMBERS_PENDING table. The registration process will fail trying to insert things like Skype ID. M_PHONE values etc into this table.

So, check your dbs files for any member table alterations and change the dbs script to update the members_pending table if you need to.<
Go to Top of Page

mysteryguy
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2005 :  19:39:10  Show Profile  Visit mysteryguy's Homepage
I'm looking for help on installing the avatar's mod. If you could install it for me that would be even better. Im such a n00b at this<

JAVA JOE'S EVERYTHING GAMINGhttp://www28.websamba.com/javajoes/
Go to Top of Page

jwhite

51 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2006 :  12:54:20  Show Profile
Under "Time to setup a test forum" item 13 says to go to "check installation,

While installing the poll mod when I get to this step I get three options: Go to forum, upgrade the db, and create db tables.

Which should I choose?

Edit: I found the answer. I is "go to forum" /edit

Should I update counts after I am done?

Edit: I did and it did not seem to hurt. /edit

<

Edited by - jwhite on 01 July 2006 15:53:08
Go to Top of Page

dilovan
Starting Member

Iraq
1 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2007 :  17:37:28  Show Profile  Visit dilovan's Homepage
thank you
<
Go to Top of Page

designgoddess
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2008 :  22:54:37  Show Profile  Visit designgoddess's Homepage  Send designgoddess an AOL message
Is it possible for me to "hire" someone to make some updates to the MODs for a forum?<
Go to Top of Page

designgoddess
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2008 :  21:08:09  Show Profile  Visit designgoddess's Homepage  Send designgoddess an AOL message
So I got all the stuff I needed update. However, the registration is restricted and that works fine, but there is no way for us to know "who is registering" we are not getting the email with the user information in order to know if we should approve. What is not working? Thanks.<
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2008 :  07:33:45  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
You might want to ask that in a new topic. This was a general "How-To" written a while back, where as your question seems to be related to either the forum or a MOD.

Last I checked, the forum won't send you an e-mail when someone is pending - that's a MOD that's floating around either here or www.snitzbitz.com - post your question in the "Help: MOD Implementation" forum.<
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2008 :  07:38:10  Show Profile
Locked to prevent any more questions being asked here ...

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07