Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  16:21:28  Show Profile
I have every single version of the poll mod that I have released. What version are you talking about? And why do you want an older version?<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

mrose
Starting Member

Canada
43 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  17:17:43  Show Profile  Visit mrose's Homepage
I will explain... I had to move our sql server and re-install sql. I exported the database to an access file, re-installed the forum and tried to import the database from access file. Unfortunately it looks like if the rows don't exist, e.g. poll rows in eh tables, it wont restore and "ignores" them. So I need to re-prepare the database with the poll and restore again. I figured that I should do this all from the org ver of the pol that I had already installed.

Mik
<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  19:15:16  Show Profile
What version do you want?
I have:
Poll Mod for Snitz Forums 3.1 SR4
Poll Mod for Snitz Forums 3.3.03
Poll Mod v2.0 for Snitz Forums 3.4

And send me an email so i can get your email address to send you the file.<

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 09 April 2003 19:16:11
Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2003 :  23:47:40  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
Davio, I'd like to make a suggestion. I was thinking for the active_polls.asp page we might not want to have locked polls included since they're not really "active".

I made this change to my active_polls.asp page:

around line 101:

'## Forum_SQL - Get all active polls
strSql = "SELECT C.CAT_ID, C.CAT_NAME, C.CAT_STATUS, F.FORUM_ID, F.F_SUBJECT, F.F_STATUS, T.TOPIC_ID, " &_ 
	"T.T_SUBJECT, T.T_STATUS, T.T_AUTHOR, T.T_REPLIES, M.M_NAME, P.P_LASTVOTE, P.P_WHOVOTES "
For nCount = 1 To 15
	strSql = strSql & ", P.ANSWER" & CStr(nCount)
	strSql = strSql & ", P.COUNT" & CStr(nCount)
Next
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY C, " & strTablePrefix & "FORUM F, " &_
	strTablePrefix & "TOPICS T, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS M, " & strTablePrefix & "POLLS P " &_
	"WHERE C.CAT_ID = T.CAT_ID AND F.FORUM_ID = T.FORUM_ID AND P.TOPIC_ID = T.TOPIC_ID " &_
	"AND M.MEMBER_ID = T.T_AUTHOR AND T.T_ISPOLL = 1"
if nDays > 0 then
	strSql = strSql & " AND (P.P_LASTVOTE > '" & defDate & "' OR T.T_DATE > '" & defDate & "')"
end if
strSql = strSql & " ORDER BY C.CAT_ORDER, C.CAT_NAME, F.F_ORDER, F.F_SUBJECT, P.P_LASTVOTE DESC"

replace with:

'## Forum_SQL - Get all active polls
strSql = "SELECT C.CAT_ID, C.CAT_NAME, C.CAT_STATUS, F.FORUM_ID, F.F_SUBJECT, F.F_STATUS, T.TOPIC_ID, " &_ 
	"T.T_SUBJECT, T.T_STATUS, T.T_AUTHOR, T.T_REPLIES, M.M_NAME, P.P_LASTVOTE, P.P_WHOVOTES "
For nCount = 1 To 15
	strSql = strSql & ", P.ANSWER" & CStr(nCount)
	strSql = strSql & ", P.COUNT" & CStr(nCount)
Next
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY C, " & strTablePrefix & "FORUM F, " &_
	strTablePrefix & "TOPICS T, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS M, " & strTablePrefix & "POLLS P " &_
	"WHERE C.CAT_ID = T.CAT_ID AND F.FORUM_ID = T.FORUM_ID AND P.TOPIC_ID = T.TOPIC_ID " &_
	"AND M.MEMBER_ID = T.T_AUTHOR AND T.T_ISPOLL = 1 AND T.T_POLLSTATUS = 1"
if nDays > 0 then
	strSql = strSql & " AND (P.P_LASTVOTE > '" & defDate & "' OR T.T_DATE > '" & defDate & "')"
end if
strSql = strSql & " ORDER BY C.CAT_ORDER, C.CAT_NAME, F.F_ORDER, F.F_SUBJECT, P.P_LASTVOTE DESC"

Just my opinion/suggestion. This should be done on the admin_polls.asp page as well (unless you want a locked poll to be your featured poll).

If you (or everyone else) disagree with me, you could always add a little note to the active polls page (like how it says "members only"). Let me know if you want me to whip up the code for that.<

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2003 :  13:42:12  Show Profile
Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. I'll include it in the current version.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  21:51:53  Show Profile
Just bumping this so it won't get archived. <

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2003 :  06:44:38  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Here's a Poll Mod icon for users of my XP icon set:

Copy it over the original file and don't forget to edit your inc_iconfiles.asp and change this line:
Const strIconPoll = "icon_poll.gif|15|15"
to:
Const strIconPoll = "icon_poll.gif|24|24"
<

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"

Edited by - D3mon on 03 June 2003 06:48:27
Go to Top of Page

C-DUB
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2003 :  20:02:20  Show Profile  Visit C-DUB's Homepage
Hey Davio! I got the mod to work, and it's great!

I have a couple of questions. Could the vote also log the option, and the poll results show the usernames? I know this was brought up earlier last year, but are there plans to include or attach user names to their votes?

I ask because I'm trying to convert our club from the clunky, ad-ridden Yahoo site to our new forum. The polls over there were used extensively for guaging interest for events, and they were also used as sign up sheets. The polls simply showed the usernames next to the vote totals on the right, showing which members voted for which options.

It sounds simple enough, but after checking the db I noticed that the even though the members id gets saved to the db, their poll option doesn't. If I tried to create a table to log the option the user made, I could pass the option to that table when they vote, and then pull the usernames into the results page? Would that be a correct way to go?

It sounds crazy, but this is the big kicker for converting from the Yahoo groups since it's used so much...

Thanks for your time!

C-DUB<

Go to Top of Page

wizard

208 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  22:18:25  Show Profile  Visit wizard's Homepage
Does anyone know if the poll mod will work toegther with events calendar and smile manager?<
Go to Top of Page

whizkid
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2003 :  04:26:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wizard

Does anyone know if the poll mod will work toegther with events calendar and smile manager?

Not really. I have had problems to get it to work with the New Event Calendar mod. Now I want to try to install the poll module first (on a plain Snitz 3.4.03) and then install the calendar...

Basically poll was working (no error), but there was no link to add a new poll...

-whiz<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07