Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2001 :  19:39:28  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
We've created two new mailinglists for Snitz Forums 2000

The mailinglists are:

Snitz Forums 2000 General Information
Subscribe/unsubscribe: http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sf2k-general

All information that we want to get to you conserning the forums. Scheduled maintenance at the server, security information, but also new releases etc.

and

Snitz Forums 2000 New Releases
Subscribe/unsubscribe: http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sf2k-new_releases

Only information about new releases, no other info.
All messages that are being sent to this list will also be sent to the General Information list. So there is no need to subscribe for both.

Notes:

* Even though the welcome message says that you can send messages to the list yourself, you can't. The messages you are sent are moderated, which basically means they will be deleted.
* Your e-mail address won't be shown in the mails that are beind sent out, other members of the list can not retrieve your e-mail address.
* You won't get mails daily, since we're not releasing new versions of the forums daily, but that makes the list ideal if you don't visit the forums on a regular basis.

Pierre
Join the Snitz WebRing<

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2001 :  21:58:22  Show Profile
Great ! Thank you for your efforts.

Think Pink<
Go to Top of Page

Doug G
Support Moderator

USA
6493 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2001 :  00:21:53  Show Profile
I'm sure many people will be pleased with this. I don't like email lists, myself, so I won't be subscribing. The same information will always be posted here in the forums, right?

======
Doug G
======<
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2001 :  00:40:08  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
i signed up just to stay informed. i have been so busy lately that i dont have time to come to the forums.

Brad<
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2001 :  01:50:06  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
quote:

I'm sure many people will be pleased with this. I don't like email lists, myself, so I won't be subscribing. The same information will always be posted here in the forums, right?

Yes, but remember though this is not your regular email list. Sofar only I can post to the list (= only I can approve posts to the list), of course I'll set it up so that Mike can do it also, but you won't be flooded with multiple mails a day like you sometimes see with email lists.
But information will also be posted at the forums here.

Pierre
Join the Snitz WebRing<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2001 :  01:55:21  Show Profile
I would think that the mailing lists were setup to accomodate for the users that don't frequent the forums and would like to keep abreast of the releases and any general information concerning the Snitz Forum.

For me, I wouldn't really need to join the list since I come here everyday. So I would see any important announcements concerning the Snitz Forums. But I signed up anyway, just for the fun of it, or maybe I don't have anything else better to do?

- David<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07