New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2008 :  18:52:10  Show Profile
Hello again everyone!

I was doing some crafting this AM when I had a brainstorm for a theme on my home page.

I just finished it up a bit ago and wanted to post here and find out what you think. Good or bad - all comments are welcome.

http://www.myfamilyforumz.com

Thank you for looking!

Have a great day!
Terry

scorpius
Starting Member

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2008 :  19:23:24  Show Profile  Visit scorpius's Homepage
Not slagging your site off cos its fine.

but things I'd personally change so take with a caveat.

1.Ripping out those 'flowers' at the top and the bottom cos I don't think they are adding anything to your page, infact, possibly detracting from it cos it looks a bit like 'cropped wallpaper'.

2. I can see that you have tried to match your register button to a tone in the 'flowers' - but to me, there is some chaos going on with your buttons and links at the top. Maybe consider getting them all done with a blue that matches your page colours?
Your line of forum links etc too, rather than just black text, maybe they could be enhanced a little.

3.Cbox link, currently, looks like an 'error' or like it was left there whilst someone was drunk. . If its gonna be there, it needs to be in the same format as the rest of the line of links?

4. My grammar and spelling is the worst in the World. However, that welcome message needs some serious editing.

5.Not sure its wise to have something on a sidebar that shows admin in first place and second. Equally the fonts on that high score thang are way different to all else on the sidebars so, again, imo, detracts rather than adds to your page.

6.This is just me, im sure, but 3 unequal columns is untidy. I'd be ensuring they were all exactly the same length all the time. I know that takes fiddling and time, but worth the effort in look. imo.

Now i'll go and look in your forum. Its a good site idea!

shadowharmony.com
The Community To Belong To
Go to Top of Page

bobby131313

USA
1163 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2008 :  19:38:38  Show Profile  Visit bobby131313's Homepage
Ooohh, is the classified mod available separate from SHN?

Switch the order of your title tags
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2008 :  19:54:28  Show Profile
bobby131313, I'm not sure. I'm a fairly new member over there. I got it in the SHN download.

scorpius I will take some things into consideration. Thank you for your opinion.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

scorpius
Starting Member

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2008 :  04:38:25  Show Profile  Visit scorpius's Homepage
Looking much better now.

and even the flowers look way better cut to single row.

shadowharmony.com
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2008 :  17:16:15  Show Profile
Scorpius, I'm still playing around with it. Thank you for checking it out. I'm glad you like it.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

scorpius
Starting Member

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2008 :  18:26:32  Show Profile  Visit scorpius's Homepage
No problem. Always nice to see someone activating an online space that benefits and caters to and for others too.

Go you.

shadowharmony.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07