DEV Bug Reports (Closed)
 Posting bug?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Average Member

Canada
574 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2007 :  18:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Image's Homepage  Send Image an ICQ Message
from topic page, New topic

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/post.asp?ARCHIVE=true&method=Topic&FORUM_ID=1

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ','.

/forum/post_info.asp, line 929

ARCHIVE=true& give me a bug here and on my board
<

Edited by - AnonJr on 17 March 2009 19:13:28

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2007 :  19:11:38  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Image

from topic page, New topic

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/post.asp?ARCHIVE=true&method=Topic&FORUM_ID=1

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ','.

/forum/post_info.asp, line 929

ARCHIVE=true& give me a bug here and on my board

Are you sure you meant to post here not in one of the support aread?<
Go to Top of Page

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2007 :  04:29:00  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
I mean this 'testing' area is for new users to test the snitz posting features - so gets ignored, it's only by chance that I spotted your post. If you're having problems archiving, you may want to post to the main general support section or sql server support section where it'll get looked at.

Funnily enough I can't move it for you, I've no privs in the testing area as it's only used by people to test their accounts, BBCode, etc, wasn't deemed necessary!<
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2007 :  19:23:21  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
None of what you posted here causes a bug in this forum...<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2007 :  04:15:13  Show Profile
Confirmed.

When accessing post.asp from an archived topic, archive=true is passed through the querystring. Upon submitting the form, post_info.asp generates the error Image posted.

Maybe you're not seeing it because of your higher M_LEVEL, Rui?

<edit>Forgot to mention that it doesn't stop the topic from being entered in the database.</edit>

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”

Edited by - Shaggy on 23 April 2007 04:27:43
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2007 :  04:28:19  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Ah, I didn't actually proceed with the post...

That should be an issue only while editing archived posts. It doesn't make sense to actually try to create an archived post. However, editing an archived post should work. I know I fixed that for a forum...<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2007 :  04:36:20  Show Profile
Actually, you shouldn't be seeing any of the reply links (reply, replyquote & topicquote) in an archived topic, but you're right that those links don't technically need to contain the ArchiveLink variable, although it doesn't actually make any difference as those links are only displayed when ArchiveLink is empty anyway.

To fix the immediate problem with posting new topics from an archived topic, find the following on lines 878 & 949, respectively, of topic.asp and remove the code in green:
if ((Cat_Status = 1) and (Forum_Status = 1)) then
	Response.Write	"          <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Topic&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderNewTopic,"","align=""absmiddle""") & "</a> <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Topic&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>New Topic</a>" & vbNewLine
else
	if (AdminAllowed = 1) then
		Response.Write	"          <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Topic&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderLocked,"","align=""absmiddle""") & "</a> <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Topic&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>New Topic</a>" & vbNewLine
	else
		Response.Write	"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderLocked,"","align=""absmiddle""") & " Forum Locked" & vbNewLine
	end if
end if

Response.Write	"                <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow('pop_delete.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "mode=Topic&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & "&CAT_ID=" & Cat_ID & "')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderDelete,"Delete Topic","") & "</a>" & vbNewLine & _
		"                <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Topic&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderNewTopic,"New Topic","") & "</a>" & vbNewLine

To remove the other, unnecessary ArchiveLinks, find the following on lines 622, 825, 887 & 951 respectively and remove the code in green:
if ((Cat_Status <> 0 and Forum_Status <> 0 and Topic_Status = 1) or (AdminAllowed = 1 and Topic_Status <= 1)) and ArchiveView = "" then
	Response.Write	"                       <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=ReplyQuote&REPLY_ID=" & Reply_ReplyID & "&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconReplyTopic,"Reply with Quote","align=""absmiddle"" hspace=""6""") & "</a>" & vbNewLine
end if

if ((Cat_Status <> 0 and Forum_Status <> 0 and Topic_Status = 1) or (AdminAllowed = 1 and Topic_Status <= 1) and ArchiveView = "" ) then
	Response.Write	"                       <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=TopicQuote&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconReplyTopic,"Reply with Quote","align=""absmiddle"" hspace=""6""") & "</a>" & vbNewLine
end if

if ((Cat_Status = 1) and (Forum_Status = 1) and (Topic_Status = 1)) and ArchiveView = "" then
	Response.Write	"          <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Reply&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconReplyTopic,"","align=""absmiddle""") & "</a> <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Reply&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>Reply to Topic</a>" & vbNewLine
else
	if ((AdminAllowed = 1 and Topic_Status <= 1) and ArchiveView = "")  then
		Response.Write	"          <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Reply&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>"
		' DEM --> Added if statement to show normal icon for unmoderated posts.
		if Topic_Status = 1 and Cat_Status <> 0 and Forum_Status <> 0 then
			Response.Write	getCurrentIcon(strIconReplyTopic,"","align=""absmiddle""") & "</a> "
		else
			Response.Write	getCurrentIcon(strIconClosedTopic,"","align=""absmiddle""") & "</a> "
		end if
		Response.Write	"<a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Reply&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>Reply to Topic</a>" & vbNewLine
	else
		if Topic_Status = 0 then
			Response.Write	getCurrentIcon(strIconClosedTopic,"","align=""absmiddle""") & " Topic Locked" & vbNewline
		end if
	end if
end if

if Topic_Status <= 1 and ArchiveView = "" then
	Response.Write	"                <a href=""post.asp?" & ArchiveLink & "method=Reply&TOPIC_ID=" & Topic_ID & "&FORUM_ID=" & Forum_ID & """>" & getCurrentIcon(strIconReplyTopic,"Reply to Topic","") & "</a>" & vbNewLine
end if
<

Search is your friend
Go to Top of Page

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2007 :  14:25:48  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage
I haven't Image error on creating a New post in a not archived forum from New Topic icon in an archive topic.. I have a BOF or EOF error on editing an archived post. That is because some query in post_info are referring to strTablePrefix (in update routine) but they cannot find the archived topic as it is deleted from strTablePrefix_TOPIC and it is instead in strArchivePrefix_TOPIC<

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2007 :  04:23:47  Show Profile
Confirmed as a bug. To fix, find the following on line 473 of post_info.asp and replace strTablePrefix with strActivePrefix:
'##Get Status of this Topic
strSql = "SELECT T_STATUS, T_UREPLIES"
strSql = Strsql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE TOPIC_ID = " & Topic_ID
<

Search is your friend
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2008 :  19:32:53  Show Profile
Fixed in version 3.4.07.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07