Help: MOD Implementation
 "PayPal Instant Payment Notification" Error
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2017 :  10:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

After moving my forums (still on same domain, just different directory with different hosting) I am receiving error notices from PayPal.

Error message from PayPal:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Messages sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:

forums/thankyou.asp?a=0&c=USD

Could anyone tell me how to correct this? I am no longer using that directory and I can't seem to determine how it's linked?

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley

Edited by - MaGraham on 19 February 2017 12:15:50

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2017 :  06:17:21  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
This url is contained in your paypal form, it is called the notify_url and is set to

<input name="notify_url" type="hidden" value="XXXXXXXX/activity/thankyou.asp?a=0&c=USD">

This is the page that Paypal will send payment notification data to.

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2017 :  12:29:00  Show Profile

Huw, since the link PayPal sent in their notifications refers to the former directory I am now wondering about this: Since I have a member who has set up a monthly donation through the former forums, which used the different directory, is it possible that old link is connected to what PayPal is using?

I only have the one member that has set up the monthly donation and it's extremely rare that anyone else does a donation. If the above is possible I should just ask that member to set up her donation again through the new forums, agree?

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2017 :  15:16:58  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MaGraham

Huw, since the link PayPal sent in their notifications refers to the former directory I am now wondering about this: Since I have a member who has set up a monthly donation through the former forums, which used the different directory, is it possible that old link is connected to what PayPal is using?

I only have the one member that has set up the monthly donation and it's extremely rare that anyone else does a donation. If the above is possible I should just ask that member to set up her donation again through the new forums, agree?

Yes, that sounds like it should work

Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2017 :  16:23:07  Show Profile

Thank you, Huw. Sending a request to this member now.

I really appreciate you and all you do for us, Huw!

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2017 :  05:51:08  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
You're welcome

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07