New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattsmith321
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  16:55:43  Show Profile
Hello,
I have a clean install of v3.1sr4 and I am attempting to install the File Attachment / Upload mod. I have installed the Required Files installation and followed the instructions for installing the File Attachment mod with no problems.

The problem is that when I click on the paperclip icon, I get a 404 - Page Not Found. It is trying to go to Mods/pop_upload.asp?TOPIC_ID=&REPLY_ID=&MEMBER_ID=2

Stuff I verified:
-pop_upload.asp does exist in the mods directory
-The database was modified
-Check Installations is successful
-intAllowUploads = 1 on the Forum variables page
-the uploaded directory does exist

If anyone can provide some assistance or direction, I would appreciate it. Unfortunately, this is on an intranet, so I can't give anyone access.

BTW-
I did have some issues installing the Required Files portion because of the two mod_dbsetup.asp files. Neither worked following the readme file until I copied the newer file in the forum root directory (along with modcmd.dbs).

Edited by - mattsmith321 on 21 May 2001 17:12:36

mattsmith321
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  18:44:54  Show Profile
I deleted my /forum/ directory and started from scratch. Still the same problem.

Go to Top of Page

chinh10

125 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  20:23:53  Show Profile
Try to put everything from that mod to your forum folder and modify any relate pages to connect them together.
Remember change the link of the clip's image of the post.asp page to your forum folder. And need to create the uploaded folder with write's permission

Go to Top of Page

Anders M

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2001 :  09:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Anders M's Homepage
quote:
The problem is that when I click on the paperclip icon, I get a 404 - Page Not Found. It is trying to go to Mods/pop_upload.asp?TOPIC_ID=&REPLY_ID=&MEMBER_ID=2

I had exactly this problem. My first error what that I had named the directory mod instead of Mod (important on Linux). When renamed the directory, I still got error 404 when I clicked the paperclip icon. To solve the problem I manually directed my web-browser to Mods/pop_upload.asp once. After this, it worked.

I'm running on Linux/ChiliAsp/MySql.

-Anders M

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07