MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Slash Mod ver 3.00 alpha
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2001 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
Title: Slash Mod ver 3.00 alpha
Download: http://animedj.com/forums/link.asp?topic_id=1014
Demo: -
Installation: Discussed at the moment to download the file.
Description: Mod to display 'x' number of topics 'x' times in a page from the whole forum or for groups.
Author: Johann Reyes
Support: No support at the moment.

Well, starting now international support, this mod has now english and spanish templates as well run multiple instances of the mod in the same page displaying different outputs from the mod. *THIS MOD IS AN ALPHA VERSION*

---
Johann Reyes
http://animedj.com

Edited by - animedj on 13 May 2001 21:48:15

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2001 :  05:02:20  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
animedj,

nice to see you back posting Mods. You will probably need a further revision when the next release comes out, to take into consideration moderated posts.

Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2001 :  14:08:24  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
Thanks Huwr!! yeah.. now getting again some free time so back again to coding... also thanks for the heads up!!

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2001 :  12:22:52  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
I set-up the new version and have 2 slight bugs to report (would of posted in your own forums but your system still hasn't sent me a password)

Bug? 1: When setting up the system with slash_admin the language box doesn't contain anything so when you update you get a blank page by manually entering the language in the database field (en) the system works obviously this would be a difficult thing to do in a production version

Bug? 2: The Mods table of my database already had information listed before the slash mod data (New member PM) when first run I got a blank page, again manually re-arranging the data cured the problem. I havn't tested the New Member PM to see how that has been affected as it seems to cause other problems and I will be removing it anyway.

Now a question How can the mod be configured to display different outputs on the same page? an example would be nice

Just checked re-arranging the data in the MOD table did not affect the New Member Private message being delivered

Checked again New Private Message sound no longer works

Edited by - stupidity on 20 May 2001 12:41:01

Edited by - stupidity on 20 May 2001 13:50:31
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2001 :  15:34:51  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
okay... first you need to go run mod_db_setup by Huwr.. as you see there is 3 dbs files:

one for new installations.
one for upgrades from 2.10
one for the languages table.

If you are upgrading from 2.10 before you go to the slash_admin, you need to run the upgrade and also the languages locale dbs file.. once you do that.. multiple languages would be supported by the mod. But for the moment I just included and english and spanish version.. so if anyone wants to contribute with more different templates of different languages, just go ahead.

And ok, although I might change the way it works, this is how you would do it:

let's say you want show an output in two different parts the topics of FORUM_ID 1 and FORUM_ID 2.. for that we use the strCustomSQL variable before calling the slash parser.. so it would be someting like this:

<!-- includes here -->

<%
' show topics from forum 1
strCustomSQL = " and FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID = 1 "
Slash()
%>
some text here
<%
' show topics from forum 2
strCustomSQL = " and FORUM_FORUM.FORUM_ID = 2 "
Slash()
%>

And I'll check the registration of the forum.. but you can always click the forgot password link so the password would be re-email to you. Hope that helps.

---
Johann Reyes

Edited by - animedj on 20 May 2001 15:38:35
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2001 :  18:27:44  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
got it posting different parts of the forums on a page which is great and now I see how it's done, a lot easier than some of the other varients around (no disrespect to anyone )

As for the installation, if I remember correctly I manually created the table to accommodate the PM New members Mod so technically this was a new install of the slash mod. I tried following the instructions to set-up the db on 3 different versions of the forum

1. fresh install
2. version with slash mod 2.1
3. The version I had working with V3 (without the language db upgrade)

I had problems with the db setup of all 3 on 1 it wouldn't create the Forum_MODs Table

On 2 it Wouldn't upgrade the db

on 3 it wouldn't add the language support entries

I used 3 different copies of Mod_dbsetup.asp in the end I manually upgraded the database and it works fine.

Since the first install worked OK (I just forgot to install the language support) I can only assume it has something to do with mod_dbsetup.asp if this is the case it might be worth including a version that works with the script

PS I got my password cheers

Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2001 :  23:07:51  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
Ok!! update the zip file with the db_setup that I'm using and is part from the new alpha version of snitz.

And I might need to be more specifically about installation.. to install the mod you either have to do any of this 2 scenarios:

1. Run the fresh install and then the Languages support.
2. Run the upgrade and then the Languages support.

You can't run the 3 at the same time, or duplicate values would be added to your MODS table.

Also for this week.. I'll be woprking in different view.. based on a idea that I got in the content managment mod.. so keep an eye here as I'll announce it here. Andthnaks for the feedback.. I know that I need to write a technical document for installation and such.. but I'm not good writing those.. so any takers??

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

BuffyNET

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  05:36:28  Show Profile  Visit BuffyNET's Homepage  Send BuffyNET an ICQ Message
I have updated the database etc, but when I run slash_admin.asp I get this error

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/casioserver/uk_home/emi/sandv/forum/lib/lib_slash.asp, line 97

set oTpl = New TextTemplate
------------^

any ideas?

Neil
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  12:17:53  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
that's when you try to run it at you local computer?? it seems that it doesn't want to create the vb class necessary for the parser. I would say also to check the slash_admin.asp to see if it contains the lib_template.asp and that this file is found under the LIB directory that's in your znits root directory.

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

BuffyNET

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  12:57:45  Show Profile  Visit BuffyNET's Homepage  Send BuffyNET an ICQ Message
Great,
It is not on my local machine, it is on the company Server, although it did work when I uploaded it!

Many thanks

Neil
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  18:24:08  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
hmm... that's weird.. but oh well ...

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07