New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reichert
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2001 :  14:47:42  Show Profile
here i go again ..

Is there a MOD out there that will allow moderators to break off a topic at any message and move it and everything below it to a new topic?

Stephen Palmer -=- Reichert
root@ Gearbox Software
Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, oh man, what is good ... "

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  00:09:40  Show Profile
No, I don't remember seeing anything like this.
Go to Top of Page

Reichert
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  11:36:32  Show Profile
quote:

No, I don't remember seeing anything like this.

Maybe someone would like to do this? I am still familiarizing myself with the database. My first impressions are that it would be a fairly trivial matter to add support for this feature. In order to do it properly, you would need to track replies within each topic, i.e., who replies to whom. With that information, a moderator could move an entire discussion out of a topic to a new one, without effecting replies to the original topic. This would also facilitate a threaded view of each topic, something a lot of my users have requested. If anyone is familiar with WWWThreads, I think that they offer the best example of a threaded bbs.

In order to accomplish this, I think a simple addition of one field to the FORUM_REPLY table is neccessary. By adding a column called "REPLYTO_ID", which contained the REPLY_ID of the post being replied to, one would have the neccessary data to add both the ability to move discussions out of a topic to a new topic, and the ability to display a threaded view of a topic.

Stephen Palmer -=- Reichert
root@ Gearbox Software
Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, oh man, what is good ... "
Go to Top of Page

tveith
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  10:59:26  Show Profile
Wow, this is also EXACTLY what I've been looking for as a feature of Snitz. It would be a terrific idea if Snitz could be changed from flat to threaded views similiar to WWWThreads. I find it very difficult to keep track of flat threads; especially when they begin to grow. Any chance of this being incorporated into a future version of Snitz? Or as an add-on?? Please??

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07