Poll mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kalak
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  22:46:50  Show Profile
Well Davio, it didn't help to insert a line in 22 as you said. Here is the code you asked for
SQL CODE:
<%
If Request.QueryString("saveactive") = "yes" Then
Set rs3 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
Dim sActive
strSql = "UPDATE " & strTablePrefix & "CONFIG "
strSql = strSql & " SET C_ACTIVEPOLL = '" & Request.Form("ACTIVE") & "'"
Response.Write strSql
set rs3 = my_Conn.Execute(strsql)
%>

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2001 :  16:43:43  Show Profile
Didn't help?
I wasn't trying to fix the error with that.
I needed more info. That code I told you to insert will output the SQL code that it sends. Then I can look at the code and see why it is throwing an error.
You would see something like this come up on the screen along with the error:

UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_ACTIVEPOLL = '65'

That's not exactly what should show up, that's why I need you to copy and paste the code that comes on the screen.

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  07:12:22  Show Profile
Hello Davio,

I get the following error when clicking on the "Set Active Poll" button;

UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_ACTIVEPOLL = ''
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e07'

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

/admin_poll.asp, line 22

I trust that this helps.

quote:

Didn't help?
I wasn't trying to fix the error with that.
I needed more info. That code I told you to insert will output the SQL code that it sends. Then I can look at the code and see why it is throwing an error.
You would see something like this come up on the screen along with the error:

UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_ACTIVEPOLL = '65'

That's not exactly what should show up, that's why I need you to copy and paste the code that comes on the screen.

Regards,

Webmaster @ Classic Motor Cycling
Classic Motor Cycling
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  12:01:59  Show Profile
quote:
It is sending an empty string. Did you select one of the radio buttons beside the polls that were listed?

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  16:39:39  Show Profile
Davio,

There is no polls listed, it says no polls found. How do you get Polls in there if you can not throught the Admin feature?

quote:

quote:
It is sending an empty string. Did you select one of the radio buttons beside the polls that were listed?

Regards,

Classic Motor Cycling
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  18:46:53  Show Profile
quote:
Davio,

There is no polls listed, it says no polls found. How do you get Polls in there if you can not throught the Admin feature?
Then if no polls were found, the "Set Active Poll" button shouldn't show. Did you download the mod recently?

You would need to create a poll before you can make it a "Featured Poll". This question is answered in the readme.txt file in the zip.

Q: How do I create a poll?
A: There will an "Add Poll" link on the forum.asp and topic.asp pages of your forum beside the "New Topic" link. If you don't see it, go into your Admin options, click on the "Poll Configuration" link, and check to see that the "Allow Member Polls" is set to "On". If you still don't see it, then you probably didn't add the poll mod code or you added the code incorrectly to your file. Go to the link at the bottom of this readme and request help with it.

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  23:58:33  Show Profile
It's OK, worked out what I did wrong. Need to create the poll to be able to set them.. As Homer would say, "Doh".

Thanks for your time.

quote:

quote:
Davio,

Then if no polls were found, the "Set Active Poll" button shouldn't show. Did you download the mod recently?

You would need to create a poll before you can make it a "Featured Poll". This question is answered in the readme.txt file in the zip.

Q: How do I create a poll?
A: There will an "Add Poll" link on the forum.asp and topic.asp pages of your forum beside the "New Topic" link. If you don't see it, go into your Admin options, click on the "Poll Configuration" link, and check to see that the "Allow Member Polls" is set to "On". If you still don't see it, then you probably didn't add the poll mod code or you added the code incorrectly to your file. Go to the link at the bottom of this readme and request help with it.

Regards,

Classic Motor Cycling
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  11:05:41  Show Profile
I'm working on doing another update to avoid that error, even if you don't select a poll, it will update the database with the previous active poll id.

Edited by - Davio on 06 June 2001 11:06:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07