New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nam_Trung
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2001 :  13:18:51  Show Profile
Hi all,

I have tried out the import.asp downloaded from this site. But unfortunenately it didn't work for me.

I have written this piece of code, and it works for me:
- Import users
Able to overwrite existed user (if want)
Able to overwrite existed users, except the one you don't want.

- Import topics
Unregistered poster can be ignored, or set it's poster to one user (I just register an username: unregistered and tell the script that all messages of unregistered posters should go to this user).
Message of unregistered users will add: By: poster_name (Unregistered). This way visitors know about it and you won't loss the message.

- Support Message Icon mod

With reporting for each user and message.

Hope it will works for you all.

Download: import2.zip

If you found any bug or error please send it to nam_trung@thuyngaonline.net and if you have a fix, please send it to me too, Thanks.

I have test it with UBB 5.47 and Snitz Version 3.1 SR4.

Nam Trung

PS: I couldn't find the track in import.asp from Huwr (I believe), so I wrote a new file, I didn't modify it, but specially the users import code is based on Huwr import code.

Nam_Trung
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2001 :  13:48:07  Show Profile
Oh I forgot to mention that you have to change the the M_HOMEPAGE field. 50 characters is sometimes not enought to import it from UBB. I change it to 100.

Go to Top of Page

Nam_Trung
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  13:38:51  Show Profile
I guess nobody is interested in this script, since everyone here already use Snitz, but if someone is interested, I have add one more thing in the script: URL converter of icons.
URL of icons in UBB can be converted in Snitz icons, I have tested it and it works just fine.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  14:06:20  Show Profile
I'm sure someone will be intrested in it. A lot of users come here and want to change from UBB. But majority of the users here at the forums already have Snitz Forums.

And it's not easy to test out since not many of us have UBB (if any at all). Would it work on the demo version of UBB?

Go to Top of Page

Nam_Trung
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  15:03:42  Show Profile
I forgot to mention that I haven't update the zip file, if someone is interested e-mail at nam_trung@thuyngaonline.net.

Yes, you are right Davio, most people here already use Snitz, I'm also using Snitz. The reason I wrote this is because previously I had an Unix hosting with UBB. To keep the users and all the messages I need an import script.

The demo of UBB 5 only limits the registered users and the amount of topics. So it should work. I'm downloading the demo version of UBB 6. And test my script.
But you really don't need to install UBB just to test out my script, just if someone already has UBB and wants to test it, I would appreciate it, I have tested it with version 5.47, 5.38a and 5.54 (I think), and all works fine.

Go to Top of Page

aston

Andorra
51 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  20:04:09  Show Profile
Nam_Trung,I need this file,thanX.Good work!!!!

:)

Fly me to the Moon
Go to Top of Page

Nam_Trung
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2001 :  04:14:03  Show Profile
Hi,

Does it worked for you?

Go to Top of Page

aston

Andorra
51 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2001 :  06:14:09  Show Profile
Now,I am using SQL ,and I want import the data from UBB 6 to my forum,can you help me,I like you file,thank you !!Good work...

Fly me to the Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07