MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 PM ADD-ON: Multiple Recipients and PM All Members
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2001 :  20:41:30  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
I've combined DewyattStanfield's PM All Members with my Multiple Recipients Mod posted a month or so back.

With it you can send a private message to multiple recipients instead of just only 1 person at a time.

For example, suppose I want to send the same private message to Richard, Gor, and Huwr. I would just put "Richard, Gor, Huwr" in the send To input box and the message would get sent to all 3.

For the PM all, if you're the admin there's an extra checkbox that you can check to send a private message to all the members. Thanks goes out to Dewyatt for doing this. I've also fixed the bug where it tries to send to an extra person at the end.

You will need to install the Private Messages Mod first. Then just replace private_send and privatesend_info.asp from the private messages MOD with the ones from my private_addon.zip.

download:
http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/
You should see it under the "Downloads" Category.

You can try testing sending multiple recipients before you use this mod, at: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

ki5ck

69 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  14:02:25  Show Profile  Visit ki5ck's Homepage
Can't get to the download site. Is it down temporarily? Or permanently?

Paul Wood
SLT Webmaster

Edited by - ki5ck on 27 May 2001 14:02:46
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  14:29:06  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm the site seems to be fine to me. Must be a temporary thing.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

ki5ck

69 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  16:05:17  Show Profile  Visit ki5ck's Homepage
Working now. Thanks

Paul Wood
SLT Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

chinh10

125 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  17:51:14  Show Profile
quote:

hmm the site seems to be fine to me. Must be a temporary thing.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

I still have the same problem when I send to All of my members but it really sent to only 1 member of my list
I have about 21 members and using Snitz 3.1 SR4, using for INTRANET, and the PM to All Members' MOD from Aznknight
Please help.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  14:28:30  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

I still have the same problem when I send to All of my members but it really sent to only 1 member of my list
I have about 21 members and using Snitz 3.1 SR4, using for INTRANET, and the PM to All Members' MOD from Aznknight
Please help.

by any chance, are you using NT mode? i think that might be the problem. I haven't tested it with nt mode.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

Gandiel
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  15:10:01  Show Profile
I know what the problem is since the same thing happened to me...

In the database table FORUM_MEMBERS there are two fields that get appended...M_PMEMAIL and M_PMRECEIVE.

To be able to recieve e-mails with the PM Mod, M_PMEMAIL must be set to "1". To be able to receive regular PM's, M_PMRECEIVE must be set to "1".

When the fields are appended to your database, everyones record for those two fields is NULL. All you have to do is go into your database and populate those records with a 1.

You could also, while your in your database, set those two fields with a 1 as a "Default Value" (or 0 if you do not wish to e-mail anyone)

Gandiel

Go to Top of Page

chinh10

125 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  18:21:02  Show Profile
So could you show me what should I change on the code, or I have to do it with my database?
Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07