New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  12:26:58  Show Profile
events 2sr1
on my test on pws locally,
it seemed any users could edit/delet others' events? I'm installing it to my host and for another test.

Is there a aproval first function for listing events publicly, or a admin/mod post only? In an active community, if everybody can post freely,
you know what would happen.

any way to prevent user from posting non-break word title? if one post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it won't be divided in both IE(5.01)/NS(4.75). Well this is not a problem for alphabetical languages, but in languages that don't
seperate words by space, such as chinese, Netscape don't divide the title into lines, not a problem for IE as I tested.

Feature requests:
More level of events: from complete private to complete public
*existing complete private: only creator can see it. new feature request: auto delete after n days from the end of the event.
*private group (buddies): are set by individual users, each user have limited groups (1 or 2 or more, set by admin), buddies can see
each other's buddy events. This could be complecated and difficult, but it would be the most useful one.
*public group: set by admin/mod, only show to subscribed users, op in/out
*categories: admin can set events into categories and what categories are shown on the default page, users can choose what to show up using check box
buddy events and subscribed public group, as well as individual public group are categories.
*existing complete public: admin or moderator can post, others' posts need to be aproved first before go public, auto delet if not aproved.
option to choose if events get deleted after n days. N is adjustable.

My events:
user can set what to show when they log in

Reminder;
user can check a event for a email(IM) reminder before pre defined period, eg 1 week, 2 days, 1 day, half day, 2 hour, 1hour.
reminder auto expires and remove itself from db.

Without a reminder, personally, I don't see much reasons why people would use a private events calendar online, they can use their own.
Public events can give information, fine. while private groups can use internet the most.

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  14:44:37  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

events 2sr1
on my test on pws locally,
it seemed any users could edit/delet others' events? I'm installing it to my host and for another test.

This should not be the case. Only the admin or the Author of the events should be able to delete the event. Make sure you're not viewing the other events with an admin level account. I've just checked this to out on my events calendar to make sure.

quote:

Is there a aproval first function for listing events publicly, or a admin/mod post only? In an active community, if everybody can post freely,
you know what would happen.

As a matter of fact, there is . On the top of the events.asp page, you should see this (if you don't re-download the events 2 sr 1 mod):

' sets who is allowed to add events
dim intAllowed
intAllowed = 1 'Any members
'intAllowed = 3 'Only Moderators and Admin
'intAllowed = 4 'Admins Only

The default is for any members to add event. To change it to moderators and admin only then comment out
'intAllowed = 1 'Any members
and uncomment the line below it.
intAllowed = 3 'Only Moderators and Admin

quote:

any way to prevent user from posting non-break word title? if one post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it won't be divided in both IE(5.01)/NS(4.75). Well this is not a problem for alphabetical languages, but in languages that don't
seperate words by space, such as chinese, Netscape don't divide the title into lines, not a problem for IE as I tested.

yes there's a way. In the displaymonth_full, each day cell only displays 30 letters of the title. So I presuming you're refereing to the upcoming events and recent events sections.

Tell you what, I'll edit the code so this problem will be handled more smoothly.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  15:47:28  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ target= _blank http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ /a Snitz Resource site" target="_blank">I posted the requests on my a href= http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ target= _blank http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ /a Snitz Resource site so that I remember when i do next version. No idea when I will have the time to do it though. Also whoever, feel free to modify the events mod and I'll try to incorporate it into the zip.

Also can you expand on the "My Events" idea? It'll work something like "My Bookmarks"?

quote:

Feature requests:
*existing complete private: only creator can see it. new feature request: auto delete after n days from the end of the event.
*private group (buddies): are set by individual users, each user have limited groups (1 or 2 or more, set by admin), buddies can see
each other's buddy events. This could be complecated and difficult, but it would be the most useful one.
*categories: admin can set events into categories and what categories are shown on the default page, users can choose what to show up using check box
buddy events and subscribed public group, as well as individual public group are categories.
*existing complete public: admin or moderator can post, others' posts need to be aproved first before go public, auto delet if not aproved.

My events:

Reminder;
user can check a event for a email(IM) reminder before pre defined period, eg 1 week, 2 days, 1 day, half day, 2 hour, 1hour.

Without a reminder, personally, I don't see much reasons why people would use a private events calendar online, they can use their own.
Public events can give information, fine. while private groups can use internet the most.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  13:52:52  Show Profile
quote:

I posted the requests on my Snitz Resource site so that I remember when i do next version. No idea when I will have the time to do it though. Also whoever, feel free to modify the events mod and I'll try to incorporate it into the zip.

Also can you expand on the "My Events" idea? It'll work something like "My Bookmarks"?

it will help on a calendar with lot of events.
people can set what kind of events they want to see when they log in, such as buddies' events, selected groups or categories. Then a bookmark feature is more useful, upon chosen groups/categories, people can make bookmark (maybe to show a small pic and give options to set a reminder) In an community with less events, only bookmark is needed.

the user can edit/delete events problem i mentioned above did happen on my installation. I got this problem after i logged in as admin (and maybe saved my pass), then log out and log in as another user. But it seems in my implementation (with some other mods), just every user can edit.

I'll email you link to my test site

Edited by - bjlt on 06 April 2001 14:59:47

Edited by - bjlt on 06 April 2001 15:11:52
Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  13:58:52  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ target= _blank http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ /a Snitz Resource site" target="_blank"> BLOCKQUOTE id=quote font size=1 face= Verdana, Arial, Helvetica id=quote quote: hr height=1 noshade id=quote br / I posted the requests on my a href= http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ target= _blank http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/ /a Snitz Resource site so that I remember when i do next version. No idea when I will have the time to do it though. Also whoever, feel free to modify the events mod and I'll try to incorporate it into the zip.

quote:

Feature requests:

My events:

Reminder;

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

I feel silly for asking but for the life of me I can't figure out how to delete caldendar events. Is there an interface for it on the ADMIN features page?

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  14:23:23  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
goto the day that the event is on and not the event itself. say your event is on may 27, 2001 then click that day. You should see the options to delete the event if you're the admin or if you're the event author.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  14:26:44  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

goto the day that the event is on and not the event itself. say your event is on may 27, 2001 then click that day. You should see the options to delete the event if you're the admin or if you're the event author.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

No sooner had I posted the question than I found the solution. (Don't you hate that? ) Thank you for your quick reply!

One question that I think is a little more reasonable however: Is there a MOD that will allow a user to register to receive an email notification when an event occurs?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07