Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2001 :  23:56:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the excellent mod.

However, I've tried to modify all the code and I've run into a few problems. One of my problems is that I have the message icon mod installed and the columns aren't lined up right. There is another problem on that topic.asp page where the Author field shows the topic name.

Could someone either modify five pages for me (default, topic, post, post_info, forum) or look at them and fix what I've messed up. I'm not sloppy when I modify code so I'm sure it can be fixed easily if someone could check over the code I've already added the mod to. Am I making sense?

In any case, your help would be appreciated.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  00:42:24  Show Profile
quote:
One of my problems is that I have the message icon mod installed and the columns aren't lined up right. There is another problem on that topic.asp page where the Author field shows the topic name.
Those 2 problems sounds like your forum.asp and topic.asp files. You can email them to me and I'll fix it for you.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  08:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Those 2 problems sounds like your forum.asp and topic.asp files. You can email them to me and I'll fix it for you.

- David

I sent the files to you. I appreciate your willingness to help.

Bookie

- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  11:04:16  Show Profile
Bookie, I got your email, but i didn't get the files. No files came with the email. But the strange thing is, the email was 250k in size. *shrugs*

Anyway, you can try posting a link to a txt version of the files you were sending me to fix.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  11:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Bookie, I got your email, but i didn't get the files. No files came with the email. But the strange thing is, the email was 250k in size. *shrugs*

Anyway, you can try posting a link to a txt version of the files you were sending me to fix.

- David

Here they come... 4 text files via email.

Bookie

- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  11:44:16  Show Profile
No no. I said to post a link to the txt files, so I can open them in the browser. Not email me the text versions.

I got your second email but there was no attachments.

Just post a url/link to them and I'll look at them.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  12:18:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

No no. I said to post a link to the txt files, so I can open them in the browser. Not email me the text versions.

I got your second email but there was no attachments.

Just post a url/link to them and I'll look at them.

- David

Sorry about that. I saw what you wrote but I didn't think it would matter either way. My bad. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bookfamily.net/forum/forum.txt
http://www.bookfamily.net/forum/topic.txt
http://www.bookfamily.net/forum/post.txt
http://www.bookfamily.net/forum/post_info.txt

Bookie

- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

web4you
Starting Member

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  13:27:26  Show Profile  Visit web4you's Homepage
I installed the poll very easy but still have a problem. The radio-buttons don't show up, so I can't check one for voting.
How come?
Please look at: http://www.web4you.nl/PLOP/forum

--Rob, The Netherlands

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  19:01:50  Show Profile
web4you, that's because you have locked the forum the poll is in. If you un-lock it, you will be able to vote.

Bookie, got the files. I'll get back to you on them.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Oudie

Taiwan
70 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  23:29:55  Show Profile  Visit Oudie's Homepage  Send Oudie an ICQ Message
I don't know why I can't show poll on my default.asp. I have set feature poll, but it't still can't work.
Please see it, Thank you.http://216.119.80.82/oudie/snitz/default.asp

¤d¨½¬î¤ô¤@Àþ¶¡,
¤Ñ¦a¿W§Ú¼Ö¯«¥P;
²ö°Ý¬õ¹Ð·Ð´o¨Æ,
³p»»¨«¹M¤Ñ¥~¤Ñ...
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  23:43:52  Show Profile
Well, i can't do anything to help you unless you post a link to a txt version of your default.asp page and/or send me your admin username/password so I can see what might be the problem.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Oudie

Taiwan
70 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2001 :  03:18:59  Show Profile  Visit Oudie's Homepage  Send Oudie an ICQ Message
I had send e-mail to you. Thank you for your help...^^
quote:

Well, i can't do anything to help you unless you post a link to a txt version of your default.asp page and/or send me your admin username/password so I can see what might be the problem.

- David

¤d¨½¬î¤ô¤@Àþ¶¡,
¤Ñ¦a¿W§Ú¼Ö¯«¥P;
²ö°Ý¬õ¹Ð·Ð´o¨Æ,
³p»»¨«¹M¤Ñ¥~¤Ñ...
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2001 :  08:16:31  Show Profile
I haven't gotten any email yet Oudie.

- David
Go to Top of Page

stinhoutx
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2001 :  10:25:36  Show Profile
My apologies for posting slightly off-topic, but I found a text file comparison tool indispensable in implementing the changes since I had already applied other mods to my files before installing the poll mod. A good file comparison/editor will let you move the changes into place while viewing the two documents. Just compare the modified files in the zip with the files in your forum directory. (It should be a standard to either include the modified files as well as the additional files. Line numbers are good but lose their value after a couple of mods.)

Hope this helps someone.

Go to Top of Page

Oudie

Taiwan
70 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2001 :  04:54:52  Show Profile  Visit Oudie's Homepage  Send Oudie an ICQ Message
OK, I send it by ICQ.
quote:

I haven't gotten any email yet Oudie.

- David

¤d¨½¬î¤ô¤@Àþ¶¡,
¤Ñ¦a¿W§Ú¼Ö¯«¥P;
²ö°Ý¬õ¹Ð·Ð´o¨Æ,
³p»»¨«¹M¤Ñ¥~¤Ñ...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07