Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: General / Classic ASP versions(v3.4.XX)
 Subscriptions aren't working
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2016 :  16:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have enabled subscriptions (highest level forum). I know the email from the website is working because messages are being received for email address changes and for private messages received. What else should I check when subscription notifications aren't being sent?

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2016 :  13:46:33  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
not sure what to suggest tbh, debugging email problems is a bit problematic unless you have your own mail server so you can check the logs to see if they were indeed sent

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2016 :  17:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage
Are you receiving emails and others not?

If you are a user on the server, ie you have your email direct from the server (yourname@ yourdomain.whatever it could be a case of SMTP not sending to non local users
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2016 :  20:05:56  Show Profile

I don't use my domain email address for my own subscriptions. I am receiving my emails from the domain without a problem and my members are receiving theirs, too, e.g. receiving emails for notifications of email address changes and private message notifications. It's only the subscriptions that aren't being sent.

I am using Carefree's Modular version. And Carefree isn't available and didn't know, when he left in early June, when he'd be back to civilization again.

My members totally love the Modular! It really is so incredible. I designed a different theme (background included) for each of my forums and created a theme-colored domain logo for each forum, too. . .a lot of hard work but so worth it. It truly looks so professional. I am using the drop-down menu I was using on my previous forums and I created a set of theme-colored menu graphics for each forum, too. So everything, on each forum, is color-coordinated with each theme. Soooo cool!

Members love the unique look of each forum. One of the things they enjoy the most is the incredible Shoutbox. Well, that and having the entire Bible (audio version) on one page.

I could share more about the Modular e.g. the wonderful side-menu that literally has everything on it and it, too, is color-themed. . .this and so much more. . .but right now, I need help with the subscriptions. I know it would be so simple for Carefree if we'd just realized they didn't work before he left.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2016 :  09:47:23  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
you could try putting some logging in the subscription code to see where it may be failing or if it is even calling the subscription code.
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2016 :  11:08:35  Show Profile

How do I do that, Huw? I see the
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="includes/inc_subscription.asp" --> in the file.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2016 :  11:52:20  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
You say you have enabled subscriptions as forum level(I'm assuming that was in Admin), have you also set the subscription level on individual forums to be either forum or topic?

Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2016 :  11:55:15  Show Profile

Yes, Huw, I have set the subscriptions levels on each forum as well as in Admin Options.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2016 :  06:40:07  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Does the data look OK for the subscriptions (look at the all subscriptions link when logged in as admin, does it display correctly without any errors?)
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2016 :  12:28:19  Show Profile

Huw, instead of the "subscription_list.asp?MODE=all" file, Carefree used the "Subscription Manager" mod and everything looks fine (very nice and very informative. . .even displays the last date each subscribed member logged in and gives an option to unsubscribe all of any member's subscriptions with one click). And yes, the links to each subscription are correct.

Can you check your email, Huw?

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2016 :  05:37:50  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MaGraham

Huw, instead of the "subscription_list.asp?MODE=all" file, Carefree used the "Subscription Manager" mod and everything looks fine (<i>very</i> nice and <i>very</i> informative. . .even displays the last date each subscribed member logged in and gives an option to unsubscribe <i>all</i> of any member's subscriptions with one click). And yes, the links to each subscription are correct.

Can you check your email, Huw?

Not received anything, when did you send it? I'll check my server logs

Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2016 :  08:53:27  Show Profile

I believe I sent it on the 4th, Huw. If not, probably the 3rd.

Thank you!

Edited by - MaGraham on 07 September 2016 08:54:49
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2016 :  09:16:02  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Could you resend it MaGraham, I definitely received it so think I may have deleted it by mistake
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2016 :  11:16:03  Show Profile

Resent, Huw.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2016 :  11:42:12  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Cool, got it now and have replied, I should have some free time over the weekend to have a look at your issues
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2016 :  12:11:10  Show Profile

Wonderful! Thank you so much, Huw!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07