Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: Database: MS Access
 Access wildcard
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nick Feakes

99 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2015 :  11:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having a problem with the search function, I found and fixed an error in the number in T_Topics and the actual number of replies in the reply table. There is still a gremlin in there somewhere which I need to find.
My question is, in Search.asp the SQL wildcard is % but that will not work on an Access database, it wants *. How does that work in the program? I substituted all the % for * in the SQL and ran that as a query locally which returned data as expected but then it doesn't return any data when running on the website.
Nick

Nick Feakes

99 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2015 :  12:04:20  Show Profile
The search facility has just started working again, I don't think I really did anything which doesn't make me feel comfortable but I am still interested in the wildcard issue.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2015 :  12:51:22  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
The forum uses ADO to talk to the database which uses % as the wildcard symbol, so there is no need to change it as it will work against access databases

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

99 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2015 :  14:51:55  Show Profile
Thank you HuwR
I suspected that it would be something like that but I couldn't find anything written down about it and it puzzled the heck out of me when running the SQL as a query didn't work. I learn something every day.
Great software, thank you guys for all your hard work
Nick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07