Flawless Installation
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

strauss44
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2014 :  00:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just recently installed Snitz Forums on our website that is based on Classic ASP.

I was very reluctant to just let the install proceed with an SQL Server install to our active database. But after a replicate of our data to a SQL DB on my personal computer I let the install proceed.

The install was awesome. I followed the Installation Instruction (Posting Guidelines: Read Before You Post) (OK, this link is a bit hard to find) in this Forum, to identify the install type, and to set up the connection string. The install then proceeded without errors. The install went so smooth, I was impressed.

The rest of the configuration was easy as well. Learning all the ins and outs is taking a bit longer, but going well.

I did make one program change. As “Home” (upper right) and the Logo (probably yours) links the user, by default, back to the Forum Homepage, I changed the Logo to link to our homepage. This is done at row 280 in file inc_header.asp

"    <td valign=""top"" width=""50%""><a href=""default.asp"" tabindex=""-1"">" & getCurrentIcon(strTitleImage & "||",strForumTitle,"") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _

changed to

"    <td valign=""top"" width=""50%""><a href=""{your website homepage}"" tabindex=""-1"">" & getCurrentIcon(strTitleImage & "||",strForumTitle,"") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _

The line looks incomplete here, but it is part of a continued line, so it’s OK.

Being very thankful for continued support for Classic ASP, I want to thank Snitz for a good product.

Start Hiking Early In Your Life.

Edited by - strauss44 on 18 October 2014 00:05:47

Maxime
Average Member

France
521 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2014 :  00:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Maxime's Homepage
Your logo should find it in the default folder of the forum, unless you have created an image folder and the folder you put all button images and other posts in case you need to put your logo on file that i contains buttons.

Logo for your web address not only the name of the image of the logo xample: logo.gif.

Changing the default page that you made a mistake. If you want to see all these forums should you submit it to the original.

By cons in the Forum Settings you can set the home page by providing the web address of the home page of your site.

Cordially,
Maxime

Taxation consists in so plucking the goose to get the most out of feathers with the least possible cries.(Jean-Baptiste Colbert)

Edited by - Maxime on 18 October 2014 00:31:03
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2014 :  03:46:41  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Being very thankful for continued support for Classic ASP, I want to thank Snitz for a good product.

Thanks

There are still a few of us left around, so please ask if you have any problems or need advice on modifying it to suit your needs

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07