Help: Mail Configuration
 email ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2010 :  10:35:13  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi,

Can you tell me which one is for which?

under the Administrator E-mail, I already changed to my own email address. But for the top one "E-mail Server, how should I put it? why there are 2 dots in between?

E-mail Server Address: your.mailserver.com
Administrator E-mail Address: your.email@yourdomain.com

Please advice,
Thanks

Jimmy

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2010 :  11:57:56  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Email server and email address are not the same thing. You should ask your email server details to your hosting provider and the administrator email address should be a valid one for the server you will be using.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2010 :  13:17:33  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi ruirib,

I checked with my software developer he said i can leave it alone, becuase there one from the shopping cart software as well, but this is for the FORUM, so I will check with my hosting to double check..

Thanks for your advice,

P.S. How come I don't see this topic I posted in this forum? I have to click on my "username" in order to get to my direct topic? Other people won't able to see what I posted then.

Jimmy

Edited by - goofyguy620 on 15 March 2010 13:21:24
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  01:58:20  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
P.S. How come I don't see this topic I posted in this forum? I have to click on my "username" in order to get to my direct topic? Other people won't able to see what I posted then.
Perhaps because you are looking in the wrong forum, you posted it in MySQL forum, I moved it to the Email forum
Go to Top of Page

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  07:52:43  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi HuwR,

How do I determine what forum should I post at? I post a new topic about the CATEGORIES, can you let me where should I post at? I post everything in the MYSQL forum because I created this forum in MYSQL.

Please advice for future ref so I more or less where to post at.
Thanks,

Jimmy

Edited by - goofyguy620 on 16 March 2010 07:57:07
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  08:04:49  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
questions in the mySQL forum are for MySQL issue, questions about email go here in the EMAIL forum, other non specific questions go in the general help forums.

if you look on the forum home page it tells you what the forums are for.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07