Access denied
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  08:35:51  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Hi,
I run a forum which is recently converted from MS Access mySQL. The site is built using MS FrontPage, including forms and other special FrontPage extensions.

I’m now spending my time preparing the hole site for a migration to a complete CMS and Portal solution, and thus I need to make the site independent of FrontPage Extensions.

In my work cleaning the code I shift between MS FrontPAge and Visual Studio 2008.

While doing this the discussion forum suddenly stopped (again), and I can’t understand why.

---------------------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'tuser1213'@'tjatte.kontrollpanelen.se' (using password: YES)
/diskussion/inc_header.asp, line 111

I looked at the connection string, and it looks OK to me.
strConnString = "driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};option=16387;server=mysql5.XXXXXXXXXXX;port=XXXX;user=XXXXXXXX;password=XXXXXXXXX;DATABASE=XXXXXXX_snitz;" '## MySQL w/ MyODBC v3.51

What have I done wrong?

Thanks / Tomas

!-Keep distance in traffic-!
www.whiplashinfo.se

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  09:24:46  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
Which version of Snitz are you using?
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  09:45:33  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage

www.whiplashinfo.se
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  13:06:43  Show Profile
I helped torborg do the conversion and the connection string is correct. We spoke to the host about the problem before, they don't know what was wrong either, but they changed the password for him and then it was ok once again. Now the same problem occurs. The connection string hasn't been changed.

I don't know of MS Frontpage messing with the mysql server.

This seems more like a mysql server problem, is it not?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  13:16:41  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage
yes it seems, in our sites with FP extension, loosing these extensions doesn't compromize the mysql access, never.
But on the other side we have had never such a issue.. with or without FP extension.

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  16:09:10  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Don't know if it is essential, but when I open the site in Visual Studio 2008, I recieve a pop up windows saying
---------------
Unable to open the Web site "http://www.whiplashinfo.se/diskussion". Server error : There is no web named "/diskussion". If this web site exists on the server, check to make sure FrontPage Server Extensions are installed, and that you have the permission to access the server.
---------------

Tomas

www.whiplashinfo.se
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  17:04:13  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
This is definitely a server issue. These permissions are defined at the MySQL server.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Doug G
Support Moderator

USA
6493 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  17:35:24  Show Profile
Are you sure the username and domain are correct for mysql server? Is the mysql server on a different computer than the web server? Because if they db is on the same computer as the web server you'd typically be using 'localhost' as the server, not 'tjatte.kontrollpanelen.se'

There is a pretty long chapter on mysql authentication in the mysql documentation.

======
Doug G
======
Computer history and help at www.dougscode.com
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 :  18:34:06  Show Profile
We got the info for mysql server from the host. Whether the hosts knows what they are doing is another question.

When tomas first had this problem, I was able to log in to the server using SQLYog from my computer, while he was getting access denied on the forum.

Doing an ip address lookup, both www.whiplashinfo.se and tjatte.kontrollpanelen.se has the same ip address: 193.17.218.90

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

Doug G
Support Moderator

USA
6493 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2009 :  02:44:38  Show Profile
Where is the forum code running? If it's on the same machine as the webserver try using 'localhost' in the connection string for the host. If you've tested the credentials from your computer using another mysql tool, and the forum code fails with the same credentials, there may be some incorrect entry in the mysql server host table.

======
Doug G
======
Computer history and help at www.dougscode.com
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2009 :  03:53:58  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Doug G

Where is the forum code running? If it's on the same machine as the webserver try using 'localhost' in the connection string for the host. If you've tested the credentials from your computer using another mysql tool, and the forum code fails with the same credentials, there may be some incorrect entry in the mysql server host table.

Using Localhost instead didn't help.
Still the same error code.

Tomas

www.whiplashinfo.se
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2009 :  08:39:09  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
OK - I got an answer from my host. He says that the only thing they did was to reset the password to the mySQL database.

Now the forum shows, but I must have done something wrong again, as all images was gone. I loged in to the Admin menu and changed the paths to the fomrum, all other URL:s and the path to image folder.

After doing this, I suddenly end up in a loop trying to reach the Admin menu (after login of cource).

Thanks/ Tomas

www.whiplashinfo.se
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2009 :  13:52:09  Show Profile
It seems working now tomas. I just checked your site.
If they have to keep resetting the password (as this is the 2nd time) there must be a problem somewhere. Dunno why a password reset is required unless the password in the mysql user table is being changed?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07