Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2001 :  20:03:54  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
I downloaded ConquerChat 1.2 and did a few modifications to integrate it with my forum.

The code is in a zip file at
http://www.festerhead.com/chat.zip

Images are in an images subfolder. Place these in your forum images directory.

The rest of the files go in the root of your forum.

There is a readme included (originally from ConquerChat 1.2) to which I added some further directions of things done.

Being a newbie at all this ASP stuff, I might have missed something in editing the files before I zipped them all up.

This is the first thing I have tried to integrate and I thought to contribute it.

Many 'Thanks' and 'Mahalos' to Snitz Forums for such a great forum system and making it free, HuwR for a ton of mods, and East Pasco for publishing the base code I'm using.

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2001 :  16:08:21  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
I forgot to mention that I have an example page.

http://206.126.6.36/chat/chatpage.asp

What you will find on this page is a a three buttons that will enable three guests to enter the chatroom. Only button 1 has the list of chatters below it. buttons 2 and 3 are for example convienience to allow multiple guests.

On my forum, however, the chat button doesn't appear until after registration and login.

Hope this helps.

Edited by - FesterHead on 25 March 2001 05:22:39
Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2001 :  18:57:02  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Seems I'm having some trouble getting users to be removed after their session times out.

I'll look into it and post if and when I get it finished.

Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  02:57:06  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Okay, having trouble.

I'm going to remove the links and files and try to do some work to see if I can get it up and running.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  03:36:15  Show Profile
see this thread: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=3191

Da_Stimulator released a MOD based on the same Chat you did, maybe he can help you?
Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  07:06:10  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
I believe I fixed the part where users where not logged out of the chat when they used the 'X' in the upper right instead of the logout button.

There is no logout button now. To exit, just use the 'X'. IF a user already has a chat window open and clicks another login, then then first is logged out and the second is logged as a multiple user connect.

This is my current demo. http://206.126.6.36/chat/chatpage.asp This page gets refreshed every 15 seconds to show who is connected.

I'd like to thank the community for the feedback given to me. I know asp / html isn't a good way to chat. This was just meant for quick messages not your everyday usage.

Now I need to get the messages to start on the bottom and integrate it back into my forum. After some more work, I'll repost the code.

Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2001 :  06:23:32  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Even though http://206.126.6.36/chat/chatpage.asp is for demo purposes only, I modified it so that when a login button is used, it vanishes until the user quits the chat. This was done to eliminate the problem occuring when multiple people tried, for example, to enter as Guest1. Only 1 button is visible at a time and if all 3 guest logins are taken, the message 'No more chat slots' appears.

Made the chat window clear itself of all messages after the last person leaves the chat.

New messages get appended to the bottom and if the maximum lines kept of 25 is too big for the window, the page scrolls to the bottom when loaded.

Added some smilies. Click the help button for the code. I butchered some of the codes.

Updated the zip of all the current files which can be found at http://www.festerhead.com/chat.zip Everyone probably has the smilie images already but I'm doing development in another folder so I copied them into the images directory for the chat.

Fixed some errors in the readme.txt file.

Things to do:
Place the user entered time on the list of active users.
Comment and clean up the code.
Some other stuff. It's late (or early) and I can't think of them.

"Our great computers fill the Hallowed Halls."
- RUSH 2112
Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  18:44:39  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
New items:
Cleaned up the language for log in and log out messages.
Added the log in time to the online users frame.
Added ability to customize font, color, and size (not a whole lot of choices but it is implemented!). Changing these setting does not alter prior messages.
Updated the zip to reflect current development files.

Thniking of what else I can do.

- RUSH 2112
Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  20:25:44  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
Have you thought of having a crack at Conquerchat 3.x. Their latest version, It has some added stuff.

Just a thought....if yer bored.

Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2001 :  17:04:28  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Yes, but right now I only have pws as my web server. My 2000 pro might come anytime.

ConquerChat 1.2 was the latest version that would run on pws.

Thanks for the reminder. I will probably download Conquerchat 3.x and have a go at modifying that, too.

- RUSH 2112
Go to Top of Page

concep86

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  08:54:37  Show Profile  Visit concep86's Homepage
Awesome work Festerhead...

I have been modifying conquerchat3.0 to allow multiple environments...

I am creating a client area that will have seperate chat app per client area.... ie If company 1 is chatting then company 2 chat messages do not show up in their app...

Pretty simple to implement once Peter.theill :) gave me some direction...

Just renamed some things here and there and it works great...

I think that a cool mod for the chat would be different user icons... in version 3(I don''t know if it is in 1.2) when a user logs in they have a little user icon in the user window next to their name...

If the user had the ability to select an icon from a list that would be cool...

Just my two cents...

Later... keep this mod alive... I think it rocks.

Concep86
Webmaster
http://www.coneciones.com
http://www.amercoll.edu
Go to Top of Page

RedLeader

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  10:20:07  Show Profile  Visit RedLeader's Homepage  Send RedLeader an AOL message
I've started working on integrating Conquer Chat 3.01 into my snitz forum. So far so good for most of the pages.

I added the inclusion of the Constants.inc into inc_top.asp

The default.asp page of the snitz forums work fine. As do several of the other pages. When I try to access admin_home.asp, I get a syntax error in the constant.inc where the class person is define.

Here is the code and the error:

Syntax error

/forum/chat/constants.inc, line 99

Class Person
^

I've added the following lines to the inc_top.asp

<tr><td>Total Chatters: <%=CountUsers()%> Total Rooms: <%=countRooms()%>
<a href="JavaScript:openChat('chat/default.asp?mode=userLogin&username=<%= strOnlineUser %>')">Chat Now!</a></td>
</tr>

Located just before these lines:

<%
if (mlev = 4) or (lcase(strNoCookies) = "1") then %>
<tr>
<td align="center">
<font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strFooterFontSize %>">
<a href="admin_home.asp">Admin Options</a>
</font>
</td>
</tr>
<% end if %>

What would cause it to work on some pages and not on others.

I can provide more info if needed. Once I get the Mod done I will put a link to it and release it.

Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  14:38:43  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
quote:

Awesome work Festerhead...

I have been modifying conquerchat3.0 to allow multiple environments...

I am creating a client area that will have seperate chat app per client area.... ie If company 1 is chatting then company 2 chat messages do not show up in their app...

Pretty simple to implement once Peter.theill :) gave me some direction...

Just renamed some things here and there and it works great...

I think that a cool mod for the chat would be different user icons... in version 3(I don''t know if it is in 1.2) when a user logs in they have a little user icon in the user window next to their name...

If the user had the ability to select an icon from a list that would be cool...

Just my two cents...

Later... keep this mod alive... I think it rocks.

Concep86
Webmaster
http://www.coneciones.com
http://www.amercoll.edu

Thanks for the feedback!
There was a little icon next to the username on the online users frame but I removed it.

I'm going to be adding some more varaiables in constants.inc (on/off) for turning various features on and off via the admin section.

Don't think I'm going to do too much more work on the CC 1.2 variation. Once my Win2K gets here I will dive into CC 3.x and migrate my changes over.

After I do some clean-up work (remove debug lines and such) this version will be considered done. One advantage this mod has (let's call it 1.2f for ConquerChat 1.2 modified by FesterHead) is it doesn't need to use global.asa.

For 3.xf (ConquerChat 3.x modified by FesterHead) I'll migrate the functionality and integrate it not only with the forum with a link, but with database values for global chat settings, personal settings, silenced users, banned users, etc.

Enjoy!

- RUSH 2112
Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  14:42:34  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
RedLeader...

I'm not that far into CC 3.x to know much about the guts of it.
If it works on other pages but not admin_home.asp.... I'm baffled at this point.
Sorry.

- RUSH 2112
Go to Top of Page

RedLeader

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  15:01:28  Show Profile  Visit RedLeader's Homepage  Send RedLeader an AOL message
Hey festerhead...

I've got a dedicated box for most of my sites and running Win2k. I'm using a dedicated IP and site for tesing out this CC3.01 integration. I'd be willing to give you access if you wanted to port your 1.2 changes over and start doing some dev on 2000.

I'd like to tackle this and see we can get 3.01 integrated...

RL

Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2001 :  18:36:00  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Having some trouble with win2k in getting the permissions and such set up but I think it's all fixed now.

The development on CC1.2f is just about finished and going to begin work on CC3.xf soon.

For CC1.2f
1. Users frame refreshes only when a user logs in our out (hopefully )
2. Private messages frames (both to and from) refreshes only when there is a private message to you or from you. These are independent frames. So if you have sent a private message and not received any, the from frame will only refresh. (again, hopefully)
3. You can clear out your private messages to prevent the refreshing.

Some of the things I'd still like to do:
1. Make the admin option show up for everyone to see the functions available.
2. Fix a parent.location javascript error
3. Get it ready for plug and play forum integration.

Then I can dive into CC3.xf

- RUSH 2112
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07