Building a website around a snitz forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  15:45:14  Show Profile
I looked for posts everywhere under this subject. I was only able to find this posted by AnonJr. http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66760&SearchTerms=building,sites,around,the,forum

Friends of mine and I are trying to build a website around a current version of snitz.

quote:
orinally posted by AnonJr:
To be honest, I've just been building the sites around the forum. It simplifies a lot.

default.asp gets changed to forum_home.asp (links get updated), and all my pages use inc_header.asp, I use a lot of the functions built in to Snitz, and the site just grows around the forum. Even if the Forum isn't central, it makes a dandy CMS.

If I could get a bit more detail as to "how" to accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!
Terry

MaD2ko0l

United Kingdom
1053 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  16:51:04  Show Profile  Visit MaD2ko0l's Homepage
site integraton mod will help you out either serch for/about it or go here to downlaod it http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=82

hope that helps a bit more

© 1999-2010 MaD2ko0l
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  17:56:20  Show Profile
Mad2ko01, thank you. We already have that installed. Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that. I was looking for a bit more detail. We are looking for a look similiar to what you and many others have.

I see how to comment out the Call sForumNavigation() from the inc_header. Not sure though how to proceed next without messing everything up. Like what is needed code wise to move it elsewhere?

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

MaD2ko0l

United Kingdom
1053 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  18:49:00  Show Profile  Visit MaD2ko0l's Homepage
what exactly do you want to do? just move the forum links? do you have a current wepage layout that u want to use?

maybe a picture to show what you want?

© 1999-2010 MaD2ko0l
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2008 :  09:47:35  Show Profile
MaD2ko01 We have figured this out on our own. Thank you for your responses.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07