Page: of 2

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2008 :  20:33:48  Show Profile

Forum with Music, Chat and Discussion Group

Chat with others ,
Work and
Entertain yourself by listening to Radio Online (24 by 7 available always for FREE )
.... Do all at a time...

http://www.ulcindia.com/forum/

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  06:12:46  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
Well, the forum seems nice enough but... why so many ads? I could never be a regular user with so much Adsense (and even worse, talking ads) being thrown at me from every angle. It all just feels a bit desperate, in my opinion. It's a shame because, like I say, the actual forum itself is nicely constructed.

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  09:16:00  Show Profile

Need some earning... lol...So why shame ?

So many ads as not many users visiting daily .. !!
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  09:33:19  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
you will find that the vast majority of people here hate adverts, the internet was never supposed to be about making money or a place to bombard you with adverts, it is supposed to be about freedom of information, advertising is just ruining the internet.
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  10:13:18  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
I don't necessarily agree with that statement, Huw. It costs money to run a website and most people understand this. A few, subtle ads on a site to cover costs is perfectly fine. A hundred ads bombarding you with flashy graphics, colours and horrid overuse of contextual advertising such as Adsense is not.

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  10:47:49  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
I'll ditto MarkJH on this one, tasteful adverts are one thing - but what you've got going there is the poster child for the "AdBlock" movement.

Though, I do have to add that there are an awful lot of sites that would do better to worry less about adverts and more about "brand awareness" and other wonderful old techniques that got forgotten when we hit the 'net...
Go to Top of Page

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  11:21:26  Show Profile
:-)

I agree, I shld remove Talking Ad ;) [ That was my chaildishness ]
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2008 :  12:27:18  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage
I'm going to have to echo some of the sentiments above. While the forum shows some promise (I like your alternate icons), there are so many ads on the page that it's really detracting from the rest of your site. I also noticed that my pop up blocker was blocking what I assume are pop-up adverts, which are the absolute worst kind.

You're right in saying that it costs money to run a website, but piling more ads on is only going to prevent you from gaining users, and has the added possibility of causing your current user base to leave.

The forum itself isn't too bad, but I have to say the ads are about 100x too much.

Bill Parrott
Senior Web Programmer, University of Kansas
Co-Owner and Code Monkey, Eternal Second Designs (www.eternalsecond.com)
Personal Website (www.chimericdream.com)
Go to Top of Page

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2008 :  14:20:01  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
Just to rub it in, the streaming object just threw a painful C++ app error in my firefox 2.0.0.12. I can't imagine that'd be consistent, but worth looking into - for what it's worth, it's not the streaming/player itself, but the control panel. hth
Go to Top of Page

cgcarter1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2008 :  21:17:02  Show Profile
I gotta admit, from the minute I clicked on the link I knew I made a mistake. Is it humanly possible to fit more ads on that page? The godaddy ad took forever to load and it locked up the browser until it did.
On a scale from 1-10.. I'd give it a -5. Ditch the ads. You were alright until the ad took forever to load and locked me up. I'm running vista.

I disagree about the ads thing. The internet was about information exchange - Not about making money. So who was on the internet? Companies that could afford to put sites up without having to put up ads (When's the last time you saw an ad for godaddy on walmart.com or bestbuy.com)
I don't care if the site gives crap away free, if I have to wait for a pop-up (which your site's pop-up got blocked - and from a security stand point makes me not trust your site from the get go because most pop-up are either one of the three: a waste of time with (yet) another ad, spyware, or trojans.

Seriously, putting all those ads on there plus the pop-up (which most browsers now block) took your site from professional to saturday night amature from the moment I clicked.
Go to Top of Page

bobby131313

USA
1163 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2008 :  21:38:45  Show Profile  Visit bobby131313's Homepage
quote:
(When's the last time you saw an ad for godaddy on walmart.com or bestbuy.com)

You're kidding right?

Walmart's had ads on their homepage for over a year. Right this minute, Vonage and Kleenex. And they wonder why they can't keep affiliates.

eBay is one of the most profitable company's out there... ads all over the freakin' place. 780's at the top of every single search page, some taking forever to load.

This is the trend, big business is moving towards ad supported sites, and it's going to keep happening.

But I still think kolucoms6 has way too many ads.

Switch the order of your title tags
Go to Top of Page

cgcarter1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2008 :  12:02:11  Show Profile
There is something different about having ads for products that you have in inventory (WalMart stocks both Vonage devices and Kleenex).
Go to Top of Page

bobby131313

USA
1163 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2008 :  12:10:22  Show Profile  Visit bobby131313's Homepage
There's nothing different about it at all, they both go OFF-SITE and have NOTHING to do with Walmart. Walmart gets nothing but payment for the click or impression. It's straight-up leakage.

Switch the order of your title tags
Go to Top of Page

cgcarter1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2008 :  12:19:51  Show Profile
There is something different about having ads for products that you have in inventory (WalMart stocks both Vonage devices and Kleenex).
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2008 :  13:45:53  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by cgcarter1

there is no need to repeat yourself
Go to Top of Page

cgcarter1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2008 :  09:39:06  Show Profile
I didn't repeat myself. I don't know where that post came from. I appologize to everyone for the second post.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07