Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 How 'bout that Super Bowl?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AnonJr

United States
5767 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  09:31:14  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
I'm not the biggest fan of any sport in particular these days, but when it comes to the big matches, I like to watch. When I lived up in the New England area as a child I followed the Patriots rather closely and to see them sweep the regular season 18-0 was wonderful.

And then there was last night... at least they made the Giants fight for it.

I stopped to get some milk on the way home from the church Super Bowl party and the clerk says to me "And how was your day sir?", then she takes one look at my Patriots shirt and goes "Awwwww" and starts giggling!

Oh well. There's always next year.

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  10:21:24  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
lol, I was hoping for the patriots to win but I guess we can't have it all! It was a good game and well, I tuned in for the commercials since it was homework for my media analysis course and the commercials were lame this year.

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5767 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  10:26:09  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
They weren't as bad as some in the past, and they weren't as good as some in the past, but I think they were better than average. It amazes me that one day out of the year all these companies suddenly realize that if commercials are entertaining, people will watch them.

Now my only problem is that Woody's chili, which was sooooo good last night, isn't being so good to me this morning....
Go to Top of Page

CodeMan7

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  10:26:36  Show Profile
A lot of elements have to come together to have the "perfect season". That's why it is so rare.

I think the Giant's defense stepped up more than any other. The Pat's offense couldn't get it together and their defense were lucky that the game didn't get out of hand earlier.

It was clear that the Giants wanted this win more than the Patriots.

That's too bad. It would have been nice to see the second perfect season.

Go to Top of Page

mdelcour2000

United States
133 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  19:11:46  Show Profile  Visit mdelcour2000's Homepage
FIRST TIME EVER a "wild card" team made it to the Super Bowl, and then WON!!!! GO GIANTS!!!

http://lacledeforum.com/

"Never get so busy doing the work of the kingdom that you forget who the King is"
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  19:22:10  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage
I generally watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, and I have to say I was rather disappointed this year. While I agree that some may not have been as bad as past years' ads, the overall quality was definitely sub-par. They went right along with the game: slow and, for the most part, not very interesting.

Bill Parrott
Senior Web Programmer, University of Kansas
Co-Owner and Code Monkey, Eternal Second Designs (www.eternalsecond.com)
Personal Website (www.chimericdream.com)

Edited by - muzishun on 04 February 2008 19:22:23
Go to Top of Page

mdelcour2000

United States
133 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  19:26:50  Show Profile  Visit mdelcour2000's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by muzishun

I generally watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, and I have to say I was rather disappointed this year. They [the commercials]went right along with the game: slow and, for the most part, not very interesting.

I have to respectfully disagree. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 5 min. of the game. Of course though....to each his own.....

http://lacledeforum.com/

"Never get so busy doing the work of the kingdom that you forget who the King is"

Edited by - mdelcour2000 on 04 February 2008 19:27:29
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2008 :  19:34:48  Show Profile
Betting on a team you didn't think had a farts chance in a tornado - $200.00

Having to bet on the NFC in the Super Bowl - Heartbreaking

Watching Tom Brady get smacked around for 4 hrs - PRICELESS

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2008 :  00:05:43  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mdelcour2000

quote:
Originally posted by muzishun

I generally watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, and I have to say I was rather disappointed this year. They [the commercials]went right along with the game: slow and, for the most part, not very interesting.

I have to respectfully disagree. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 5 min. of the game. Of course though....to each his own.....

Well, I agree with you. The last 5 minutes *was* good. Unfortunately, the rest of the game might as well have been flag football.

Bill Parrott
Senior Web Programmer, University of Kansas
Co-Owner and Code Monkey, Eternal Second Designs (www.eternalsecond.com)
Personal Website (www.chimericdream.com)
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5767 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2008 :  07:04:13  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
I don't know about calling it flag football... I'm sure some of those guys spent some quality time on Monday with the ole Icy Hot.
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2008 :  10:00:50  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mdelcour2000

FIRST TIME EVER a "wild card" team made it to the Super Bowl, and then WON!!!! GO GIANTS!!!

2nd time ever sorry Steelers did it a couple years ago. It was a good game I really wanted the patriots to win cause I like seeing history but it was good overall.

I really liked the fedex carrier dove commercial I think that was my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

Podge
Support Moderator

Ireland
3775 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2008 :  06:34:35  Show Profile  Send Podge an ICQ Message  Send Podge a Yahoo! Message
This is the Audi commercial. Classic.

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2.html

Podge.

The Hunger Site - Click to donate free food | My Blog | Snitz 3.4.05 AutoInstall (Beta!)

My Mods: CAPTCHA Mod | GateKeeper Mod
Tutorial: Enable subscriptions on your board

Warning: The post above or below may contain nuts.
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2008 :  09:57:04  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
I know its a little off subject but here is the one I was talking about:

http://fragg.net/video/advert-fedex-pigeon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07