Alternative for admin_moderator.asp
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  23:42:29  Show Profile
This had originally been posted in response to a mod that DA_Stimulator had made available for the admin_moderator.asp.

I tried to locate that original post, but it's disappeared. So I'm starting a new post regarding this mod. Last I remembered, there was an issue about being incompatible with mySQL due to the use of transactions.

Zip file:
http://www.execpc.com/~literati/devforum_downloads/mods/admin_moderators_alt.zip

Screenshot:

DA's mod had provided the table on the left. I expanded upon DA's mod to create this version. What I added was the form at the right - the ability to change moderator changes for a particular forum at one time/one page. Basically, when clicking on the name of a particular forum at the left, a list of users who have moderator rights will appear on the right. If they are currently moderators for the selected forum, the checkbox will be checked, otherwise the checkbox is blank. Once the changes have been made, click on Update and the changes would be made in the database.

There had been some good feedback on this, but because of the use of Transactions to make the changes, it wouldn't be compatible with everyone's DB. So there was discussion as to whether it should be done through a Batch method or other ways, and even checking for the DB type and doing it different ways (Refer to the code starting at Line 173). I never got around to making the changes, and now I can't remember exactly what it was that I was supposed to do for which database type. If anyone can remember or has suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07