Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

texanman

United States
410 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2006 :  15:58:36  Show Profile
Hello All:

I see that there is no arabic version here yet. I am read and willing to do the translation if someone can tell me exacly which files to translate ( and what within each file). I am sure those of who who did translation to other languages should be able to help.

Thanks <

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2006 :  18:39:28  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
This is an old beta version, not sure that you will be interested in it...<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

texanman

United States
410 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2006 :  01:01:34  Show Profile
ruirib:
Thanks, I would like to put my hands on anything at this time. But, what were you referring to when you said "this is an old beta version". The Snitz 3.4 Readme link takes me to 3.4.06 installation instructions.
Thanks<
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2006 :  01:46:42  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
You wrote your post in the Dev Internationalization forum. This forum is about Snitz 4.0 beta version, which is actually an old version.

Translating 3.4.06 version to arabic won't be an easy thing, since it will mean translation of almost every single file and there will be tens of them...<

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2006 :  04:05:58  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
you could take a look at Image's modded version http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40765, that is 3.4.06 with language files<
Go to Top of Page

texanman

United States
410 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2007 :  17:12:18  Show Profile
Hi Image.
I will greatly appreciate if you could send me the arabic portal. Send me at email removed by admin
Thanks<
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2007 :  18:35:43  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
texanman, use the link in Images post to email him your email address, do not publish it on the forum.<
Go to Top of Page

texanman

United States
410 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2007 :  11:47:23  Show Profile
Thanks Image:
I will take a look at these files and see if I can create the Arabic counterpart.
Regards,<
Go to Top of Page

TSAloha

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2007 :  12:57:18  Show Profile
texaman,
Just in case, I responded with some commends to your email inquiry separately. Hope that helps.

quote:
texanman,
Am replying to your email in this Forum.

If you are using Image's version, you should address your Arabic Font/Encoding issue to Image. Am not familiar with Arabic encoding/font types.
Fonts and encoding are not the same.

Sorry, I noted your email as of today, and also I am technically away from Snitz for now for personal reasons.

Take care.

<

Edited by - TSAloha on 27 March 2007 14:10:10
Go to Top of Page

m_r

Belarus
68 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2007 :  17:56:33  Show Profile
arabic Version of forum Arabic Forums 3.4.06<
Go to Top of Page

TSAloha

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2007 :  15:15:36  Show Profile
Not intending to hijack this thread but since none seems to have responded to your inquiry for sometime, I would mention my <2cents comments: Quick response would be -
NO (per an "official" Snitz release for V3406 international vesion, a la V4b04+?) YES for an availability of V3406 based locale language version.

Saying that, some additional comments:
1. there are lots of discussion threads on an official V4 status (a la to be based on V3.4.06 + version codes) and more specific comments here in this thread.

2. given that no new update news is available on V4b04 (assumedly based on V3406 codes?) here, there is no "official Snitz release of V3406 code based V4 or international version out there yet. The existing version V4b03 international version is based on the previous version codes, which was "localized" in various languages, including Arabic.

3. V3406 code based locale language versions available out there is done by Image. Ref to his post above and links in his signature. Image's V3406 international version uses a similar approach as done with the existing V4b03 international version, with a language file with extracted text strings from forum codes, separating codes from text strings. V4b03 international version and Image's V3406 Mult-language International version is not compatible, or, you cannot upgrade from V4b03 to Image's V3406 international version. So, if you are looking for a fully localized V3406 forum (with all Forum user interface localized and forum contents to handle locale charset inputs), it seems that you have a choice of either (a) usethe existing but old version V4b03 international with security/bug fixes applied (check the threads in Dev International ) or (b) use what Image provides (per links in his post here) with his V3406 International version, localizing/translating all language files. As am not familiar with Arabic language sentence structure or syntax, besides forum right-alignment, and Arabic encoding/charsets chosen/used, you may be advised to verify/check a message syntax rendering when you do "translation" of language files. This is because source text strings/texts extraction and the way language text string variables are defined/named are totally different in V4b03 and V3406 International (Image's), besides some other design differences. Also, for obvious reasons, a general recommendation from Snitz group is to deploy a latest version for forum security reasons.

If you are interested primarily in deploying your Forum with multilingual contents, including Arabic, but ok with Forum U/I and forum messages remaining in English, you can format your Forum encoding to Unicode/UTF-8, and deploy V3406 with posts/topics in Arabic. If so, you may do search and you will find lots of threads dealing with this topic.

If you, however, want to have a single fully localized forum for Arabic in a hardway, you can try to hardcode text strings in codes to have them in Arabic, setting your Forum default encoding/charset to Arabic encoding/charsets.

Whichever an approach you would take, wish you a good luck in deploying your Arabic Snitz Forum.

Another mouthful one, but hope this helps a little.

<
Go to Top of Page

m_r

Belarus
68 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2007 :  12:39:51  Show Profile
Efficiency Arabs in the Arabization Forum exists, but I do not know how he was Arabization, this is an example of the Arabic Language Is
http://www.upu-trainpost.com/ar/forum_2004/login.asp?target=default.asp

http://www.galil-school.net/forums/default.asp

http://www.alazhar.gov.eg/forum/default.asp

http://web.1asphost.com/moon123/snitz2/default.asp<
Go to Top of Page

TSAloha

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2007 :  13:02:03  Show Profile
m r,
upu-trainpost (first link) uses V3.4.04 (forrum alignment, right to left)

galil-schoo (second link) uses V3.4.03 (forrum alignment, left to right, individual forum post alignment right to left)

alazhar.gov.eg (third link) uses 3.4.3 (forum alignment, right to lef)

web.1asphost.com/moon123/ (fourth link) - don't know (I cannot open this link, access blocked by spam/spyware filtering)

Not sure whether any of these is based on an Arabic version that posted by Image in this thread above.
Appears that they have adopted a customized table alighments for inc_header.asp etc.

You may want to download Arabic version based on 3.4.04 from a link in Image's post above, and see how it works, and can compare with these examples you listed.

Note Image's comments on support of that specific Arabic version Snitz 2000.

Take care.
<
Go to Top of Page

m_r

Belarus
68 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2007 :  16:26:58  Show Profile
Arabic

http://www.galil-school.net/forums/default.asp
<
Go to Top of Page

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2007 :  17:06:39  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
Yep, the galil-school one is in arabic, perhaps you could ask them for a copy of their setup files - I don't think enough people here speak Arabic in order to be able to help :(<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07