Help: MOD Implementation
 Would like help tweeking Red's event calender mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful

130 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2006 :  08:20:34  Show Profile
I just installed the events_calendar_mod-34-11 and would like to customize it a little...

I would like to know how I can have the calender show on a page by itself instead of default.asp and also add a link in the forum header like it is for the other pages:

Home | Profile | Register | Calendar |Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ

Then I can still set it to post in the forums I want but don't have it on the default.asp page (or at least at the bottom of default.asp) but you will still be able to get to it from all pages.
Can this be done?

Thanks for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated!

Please explain everything in layman terms!!!

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2006 :  14:38:15  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
1) you can move the calendar around simply by including <!--#INCLUDE VIRTUAL="/--yourforumdirectory--/cal_default.asp" --> (replace the red with your forums directory) on the page where you want it to appear. Remember if you do it on a nonforum page you'll need to include config.asp, inc_header.asp, cal_functions.asp and inc_func_common.asp (i think thats all, if in doubt include all from the page it worked on and work out which are needed by process of elimination)

2) just edit the link to point to where your new page is - the link is somewhere in inc_header.asp - take a look in the readme file that came with the mod if you can't remember where it was and just edit it to point to your new page.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07