Changing Fonts in the Syndication Mod?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumbo2000
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2005 :  10:14:23  Show Profile  Visit gumbo2000's Homepage
Has anyone changed the Syndication Mod to use fonts other than the defaults set on the forum? I've tried both font and style tags but neither one changes the font. From looking at the code, it looks like it is using the defaults set in the forum set up? Unfortunately, I do not know ASP well enough to start playing with it. So...I'm hoping someone out there has done this before.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bob

rasure

289 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2005 :  10:21:44  Show Profile  Visit rasure's Homepage
Im not sure if is the same mod, but The one I have has this javascript include...
<script type="text/javascript" src="syndicate.asp?method=last_post&results=12&su=50&lp=y"></script>

and all Ive done is this...
<font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>
<script type="text/javascript" src="syndicate.asp?method=last_post&results=12&su=50&lp=y"></script>
</b></font>

Psychic & Spiritual Development Resources
Go to Top of Page

gumbo2000
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2005 :  10:47:48  Show Profile  Visit gumbo2000's Homepage
Thanks for the speedy reply! I believe we are using the same mod.

I've used the font tag but get strange results. By the way, I am using the syndication mod that displays the most recent topics along with the date. For example:

The Official "Things that Disturb Me" Thread 03/01 5:00:

I've tried what you suggested (code below) but here are the results that I am seeing.

• Changing my font size has no effect on the actual font. I've tried increasing and decreasing and it remains the same.

• Changing the color only works on the date portion of my information AND only if I don't use the bold tag.

• Using the bold tag, bolds the forum topic but does nothing to the date portion.

What I don't understand is why the font tag attributes seem to be controlling different parts of the link/date information depending on what is used. I've tried several combinations and can't seem to get the results I need which are basically to just shrink the size of the text to match my home page.

Thanks again for your help!

<font face="Verdana" size="2" COLOR="green"><b><script type="text/javascript" src="syndicate.asp?method=last_post&results=3&su=200&tt=y&ld=y"></script></b>
</font>

Go to Top of Page

rasure

289 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2005 :  12:16:28  Show Profile  Visit rasure's Homepage
I take it your site is the "angry cock" one? I think you may have to incorporate the style from your style sheet, mine works because the font link colours etc are being automatically being read from the "<body bgcolor="#2c3554" link="#f1d6ff" etc in my header so maybe you'll have to add the link colour in your body tag, sorry I'm not much good with style sheets.

Psychic & Spiritual Development Resources
Go to Top of Page

gumbo2000
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2005 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Visit gumbo2000's Homepage
Yes...that is mine.

I'm about to pull out what is left of my hair on this. I am using a style sheet and if I change my link attributes, it will change the appearance of my links the way I like. Unfortunately....it changes all my other links (which I don't want to do).

If I use style tags to try to override the style sheet for my sydication mod portion...it doesn't work. If I change my style sheet to use a different class....it doesn't work. Is this maybe because the syndication mod doesn't spit out an actual "href=" tag? Either way, I don't understand why my style sheet controls how it looks but it can't be changed by using a style tag like any other text or link.

I guess I could change my style sheet to be the way I want my sydication links to look but then I need to change a whole bunch of other pages to use a different class that reflects how they are now.

Has anyone used something other than the syndication mod to provide similar information? Something that could be configured even further to provide the results I'm looking for?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07