Another Avatar Help Please
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adonix
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2005 :  12:36:31  Show Profile
I've installed avatar and carefully followed the instructions that came with it and I think I read before in another thread here in this forum that the avatar was showing only once for the user that creates a new topic. The rest of the users' avatar won't show thereafter in the same topic. Well, I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, there was no solution to the thread or post that I read regarding this same issue. The person solved it by telling his users to post their avatars/pictures in the photo section, but that beats the whole purpose of this mod. The avatar is working perfectly fine, but this only happens that their avatar won't show when users post in a already created post.

Please help!

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2005 :  16:11:13  Show Profile
You have to make 2 changes to topic.asp. One area of change is for the topic creator, the other area is for the repliers. Sounds like you missed the second one.
Go to Top of Page

adonix
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2005 :  16:41:55  Show Profile
Thank you for the reply Laser, but I think I added this code for the reply as well. Here's the code that seems to be going through the loop for replies:

for iForum = 0 to iReplyCount

Reply_MemberName = arrReplyData(rM_NAME, iForum)
Reply_MemberReceiveEmail = arrReplyData(rM_RECEIVE_EMAIL, iForum)
Reply_MemberAIM = arrReplyData(rM_AIM, iForum)
Reply_MemberICQ = arrReplyData(rM_ICQ, iForum)
Reply_MemberMSN = arrReplyData(rM_MSN, iForum)
Reply_MemberYAHOO = arrReplyData(rM_YAHOO, iForum)
Reply_MemberTitle = arrReplyData(rM_TITLE, iForum)
Reply_MemberID = arrReplyData(rMEMBER_ID, iForum)
Reply_MemberHomepage = arrReplyData(rM_HOMEPAGE, iForum)
Reply_MemberLevel = arrReplyData(rM_LEVEL, iForum)
Reply_MemberPosts = arrReplyData(rM_POSTS, iForum)
Reply_MemberCountry = arrReplyData(rM_COUNTRY, iForum)
Reply_MemberAvatar = arrReplyData(rM_Avatar, iForum)

In this loop I see that the variable Avatar is in lower case, could it be that the it is supposed to be in capital letters as I see it everywhere? I'm also using snitz forum 3.4.05 and I don't know if that has to do anything with it since I see in the avatar's readme file that they have at the end options that "for snitz version# use this" but they have only up to snitz 3.4.0.3 to look for some code and use the code they hav there. So I'm assuming that 3.4.0.3 will also go along with mine (3.4.0.5).
Using Avatar Mod for 3.4

Edited by - adonix on 24 February 2005 16:53:01
Go to Top of Page

sabillondesigns
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2005 :  23:12:44  Show Profile
I have a similar question, my avatars show only in my profile but not beneath the names when they reply or post topics.
I have the latest snitz version 3.4.05 so what else do I add to topic.asp

thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  05:42:05  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage
Have you done all the changes in topic.asp?

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

adonix
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2005 :  13:19:55  Show Profile
We have done all the canges in the topic.asp very carefully and as you can see from the code above it is supposed to show the avatar everytime a users replies to the topic, but it is not doing it.
Go to Top of Page

adonix
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2005 :  15:28:49  Show Profile
Alright, one problem down and one more to go.

I'm still having the same problem where the avatar will show only once for the user that creates the new topic. Please help!
Go to Top of Page

adonix
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2005 :  18:19:08  Show Profile
Alright, I fixed my own problem. I guess they are right...make sure your topic.asp has the all the changes needed. There was one code line that was missing which was supposed to be for version 3.4.0.3, but I guess that one also works for the newest version of snitz. Problem solved!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07