Help: MOD Implementation
 IIS opening a .ldb file when opening Admin Options
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2005 :  11:23:15  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
I have searched around the board for the last three days or so, including in the archived topics, so if this has been asked and answered before, I am very sorry to waste anyone's time.

I have run a board for around 2 years now and I have had to do my testing online for the most part.
I had XP Home on my comp and even tried the fix I fond a link to here to no avail.
I unfortunately had a meltdown on my hard drive and decided to go ahead and put 2000 on so I could have a testing forum on my comp instead of on my server.
Everything worked out fine, until I tried to log on to the Admin Options page. Then a .ldb file opens in the folder where my DB is and it freezes the board up.
I have xp office on this comp and I have opened the options panel on it and choose the option of opening databases with out the locking file.
Still no good.
The exact same files, work as they are supposed to on my server, it is on my comp where they get screwy.
It has been driving me crazy! LOL
Has anyone else had this problem?
Since it is on my comp and not available on the internet, I cannot show anyone what I am talking about, so I am hoping someone has gone though this or at least knows what I am talking about and can help me fix this.
I would really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thank you all so much

BUG

Edited by - ruirib on 13 February 2005 10:33:01

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2005 :  18:28:19  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
The .ldb file is a normal file used by Access to control concurrent access to your database. It's not the cause for the freeze, for sure. It may be a consequence of the freeze that it does not get deleted.

Any specific page in Admin Options causing the freeze?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2005 :  18:57:04  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
It won't open the page at all and my comp isn't auto deleting the .ldb file.
I am guessing it can't open the DB cause it is already open and something isn't closing it right.

i did some playing around and found out if i take the <!--#INCLUDE FILE="mods/modCMD.asp" --> off the bottom of admin_home.asp, it doesn't open the .ldb file.
So i am now looking into that file to see if there is anything amiss in it.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2005 :  19:19:57  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
You're not using a base Snitz forum, are you?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2005 :  19:31:56  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
I was using an Image forum based admin page.
I am just realizing that that is where the problem lies.
That include.

It never occured to me because i have added so much stuff from so many different sources.
It was just frustrating because it works on my server just fine, but on my comp it is skrewy.
But after a while of trying everything i thought would work, i started trying stuff i thought would mess it up, and loe and behold i found my solution!
LOL

Now it comes down to just rewriting the code to make it work on my comp as well as the server when i upload it after testing it.

I am not really all that good at coding myself, but if i have a guide, i can sorta fake it as i learn stuff, ya know?

Thanks for answering my post tho, i am sorry i posted it only to figure it out myself ... sorta!
LOL

Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2005 :  20:09:39  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
Gotta use the Alternative MOD Setup too .... but thats no biggie.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07