Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  09:35:43  Show Profile
I have only one user with this trouble, the rest of my users are fine. When this person tries to view the polls, he only sees the heading, and text at the beginning of the poll. The graph is not there that shows the results. Now, it was working for him but all of a sudden it stopped. He has voted in all of the polls. He can see the one on sitenews (Serverhacker's latest V8 version) but that is it. The others on the forums have this trouble. He has 3 different computers with XP and 2000. One on dial up and 2 on broadband. Now, I am thinking this may be a java issue but I am not sure what displays the graphs. I am sure its not a problem with the forums installation as it works for 20 other people. It must be something he is doing with all of his machines. Only been online for a few weeks with this and it worked for him for only about 2 weeks then poof!

Any ideas would be welcomed!
Thanks!

Edit,
He is using mostly Internet Explorer and I dont think it works with Firefox either for him

Edited by - jrjr2u on 31 January 2005 09:39:31

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  10:02:29  Show Profile
You're using ServerHacker's portal? Did you check his forum for any possible solutions or make a post at his support forum?

The graph doesn't use java. Just plain ole images and some tables.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  10:04:59  Show Profile
Yes I posted over there first and searched till I was blue in the face! LOL I was asked to post here since you are the developer of this mod. So do you have any clue what might be going on?

Edited by - jrjr2u on 31 January 2005 10:06:04
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  10:08:07  Show Profile
What? They told you to post here?
*mumbles under his breath about lazy moderators over at SH forum*

Give me a link to your forum. I might need to be able to log in to the user account if it is only him experiencing the problem.
Have you tried logging into the user account and checked out what he was talking about?

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 31 January 2005 10:08:48
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  10:13:17  Show Profile
I have seen the trouble on his computer. One of them anyway. He is a pretty computer literate person that does web design and has been around pc's for years. I can give you a test name to use but I dont know his password and couldnt give it out without permission. IF you really need that, I will work it out. Anyway, there are 2 ways to get there. First from his site which is on a paid host and 2nd direct link to the forum that resides on my server. I added some code for the forum to work correctly in the full frame, but that was way after this trouble started.
Here is his site:
http://www.mwhobby.com/

Direct link:
http://jrjr.com/mayhem/site/forum/sitenews.asp

test/test
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:09:55  Show Profile
Update.... I just talked with the guy. The name he uses that gives trouble is an Admin acct. He also has another name and when he logs in under the other one, the polls work ok. Must be specific to the name.....
I have done a few compress and repairs to the DB just to see if that would help but it didnt. Maybe a setting is off in the DB. Just using a standard Access DB.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:16:03  Show Profile
If this only happens to him and him only then it is something related to his computer or browser or how he is accessing the site.
If more than 1 person experience the same problem, then we might consider it a code problem in the page.

You said others were having this problem also?
Is it with any particular poll on the forum? I see more than 1 on your site.

Instead of allowing me to log into his account, see if you can get a snapshot of the problem. If I can't reproduce it, I will need the snapshot.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:18:35  Show Profile

This only happens to him, and also only when he is logged into one specific account. His other name is fine. This trouble occurs for all polls except when viewing the one on sitenews (front page)...I will get you a snapshot. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Edited by - jrjr2u on 31 January 2005 11:20:52
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:36:46  Show Profile
I was wondering, did you do this fix for the poll mod yet?
http://www.shnforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2993&whichpage=1#15240

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:39:29  Show Profile
Ok, if it's only him, then I doubt it is a coding problem. You say he is an admin?
I'll have to wait for the snapshot.

But I visited your forum, and was allowed to vote in a members only poll. So that means something isn't right in the code.

While you are getting the snapshot of the problem, post a link to a txt version of your topic.asp and inc_func_common.asp file.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:40:56  Show Profile
Unfortunately I am at work at the present time and cant get to the server from here. I will do that tonight when I get home.

Edit:
I just checked and there are 3 polls posted by members that allow everyone to vote.I changed them all to members only if you want to try again. Is there a way to disallow non members or require login? I dont see any options in Admin Options.

Edited by - jrjr2u on 31 January 2005 11:56:47
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  11:59:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

I was wondering, did you do this fix for the poll mod yet?
http://www.shnforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2993&whichpage=1#15240

No, thats the first I have seen that one. I will definately give it a try though. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  13:12:58  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  19:36:11  Show Profile
Here's da files!

www.jrjr.com/inc_func_common.txt

www.jrjr.com/topic.txt
Go to Top of Page

jrjr2u
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2005 :  07:47:26  Show Profile
WOHOO!!!
The guy tells me that he can see the polls now. Its odd that only one log in name was affected. All I did was move the ~end if~ like it says in the link above. Anyway, its working so thanks for the help!! Nice work!!
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2005 :  15:18:40  Show Profile
Good, glad everything is ok now!

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07