Bad or Good Technique - Site Integration Mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

khazargems
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2005 :  21:04:25  Show Profile
I am working on integrating the forum into my site template. I am pretty happy with it so far, but there are two problems that I have. On my main site, I have this graphical outline thing that is in a fancy table. See it at http://www.khazargems.com and would like to use it on the forum page: http://www.khazargems.com/community

Here is my question...
I can start the table in inc_header and leave it open, then finish it in inc_footer, but reflecting on this, it does not sound like a very good idea. How else can this be done? Should I add the needed code to all the pages that call inc_header and inc_footer? If so, which files? Is there another way?

My second question...
On the main site, as the page grows vertically, the left nav background grows to the bottom of the browser window. On my forum page, the left nav ends where it ends. If I edit each page that calls inc_header, should I add my left nav to it?

Have I made myself clear?

Jim
Khazargems

khazargems
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  13:56:29  Show Profile
Any ideas here?

Jim
Khazargems
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2005 :  15:03:25  Show Profile
1) That's exactly how you do it .... open the table in inc_header and close in inc_footer

2) I think you're missing the additional TD in the footer TR to show the grey area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07