Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: MOD Implementation
 Poll Mod Help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  13:34:36  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
After finally working out my issues with my events calendar and my newly installed poll mod....I realized I don't have an option avaiable for voting. I have went through the read me file line by line and everything is as it should be but I still can't vote. All it allows me to do is Reply to vote. I just finished searching the archieves and I don't see this issue anywhere for a Snitz forum. Could someone have a look at my page and/or the topic text file to see if something is wrong with it? Also the Poll doesn't show up in my default page bu it does show up in my active polls page? Thanks!

Text File:
http://e.domaindlx.com/TStewartFan/topic.txt

Link:
http://e.domaindlx.com/TStewartFan/SmokeRises/Forum/default.asp

User ID: Administrator
Password: admin

Edited by - TStewartFan on 27 January 2005 13:43:51

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  18:43:08  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
TStewartFan, please read my email ASAP.

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  20:21:50  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
Going there now.

If You Have to Ask, You Wouldn't Understand.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  21:00:00  Show Profile
Uhh, is Jorrit787 helping you TStewartFan or do you still require help with this?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  21:38:10  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

Uhh, is Jorrit787 helping you TStewartFan or do you still require help with this?
I changed the admin password for him until he gets a chance to remove it here - Wouldn't want people to hijack his forum.

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  22:04:59  Show Profile
Oh didn't even noticed he posted his admin password. TStewart are you crazy dude? And your password was admin? You were just inviting someone to hack your forum. Good thing Jorrit came along when he did.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  23:54:57  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
LOL Davio......no this is my testing site. My website is actually www.smokerises.com but I am using a free host while I build the site so I don't have to spend money I don't have on an ASP host. If anyone wants to run my forum they are more then welcome to since the site doesn't get any hits except us computer junkies...which most are not Stewart fans....but I am working them...heh And it still doesn't work. I am unable to vote.

Edited by - TStewartFan on 27 January 2005 23:55:51
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  00:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
It looks like your forum doesn't recognize the thread as being a poll... Did you check if you forgot to add the T_ISPOLL statement anywhere?

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  00:21:00  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
I have been through the read me file atleast 4 times...I even went to the extreme of completing backing out all the changes I amde and reapplying them all and still the same effect. The New Poll button will show in topic.asp and forum.asp and will allow me to create a new poll, but when I attmept to reply to topic to vote...nothing. From the topic page there is no voting option...from the active polls page there are no voting options....they are no where to be found. Unlike most others here I never encountered any problems with the Poll mod while having the Events mod because this is my first Poll Mod install....but my install was very, very cautiously done. I could definately use any help on this because everything else works....my events works...with a few tweaks....i finally got the avatar add on to work, my points mod...everything but this one little thing....ain't that the way it always goes though....some times the easiest things can become the most difficult.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  00:26:42  Show Profile
Ok, well, the site seems to be well customized to be a test site. Don't want anyone going in a messing up everything.

Anyways, your topic.asp file is missing a whole chunk of the poll mod code. So I would advise you to go over it again.

BTW, your asp file has lost all it's formatting. All the code has moved all the way to the left. No indentations or anything. Makes it harder to read the code.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  00:59:55  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
Sorry its been a long day...I had the wrong one copied and pasted....have done so many changes must of lost my train of thought that minute of the day. The new txt file is up:

http://e.domaindlx.com/TStewartFan/topic.txt

In regards to the reformatting...I was reading in a topin in here that I can save bandwidth if I remove all the white space. With this being my first ever database driven website I do not know what type of traffic I may incur so as I am completing the pages (for the msot part) I am stripping out all the blank space within it.

Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  01:01:50  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Looks like it's working now I ran setup.asp, but I don't know if that's the thing that solved it.

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  01:10:40  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
Have the one vote issue now...I don't know what happened...back ad forth between trying to get the mods to work something got lost forever....but I have seen plenty o posts regarding onl being able to vote once and it closes the poll...easy fix. Thanks again and dang go to sleep already....it's 1 in the morning...heh

Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  01:16:32  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
Deleted the cookies and voila......thanks ya'll rock....I can FINALLY put the coffee down and catch up on ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's heh

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  11:25:23  Show Profile
I would suggest to remove all white space as a last resort, in case your forum is sucking up a lot of bandwidth and you only have a limited amount. Not as a first resort.

Right now, it only makes things harder for you, when adding mods and customizing, since the code all looks mashed up together.

But good luck with it.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07