Help: MOD Implementation
 Calendar events post in forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mtercek

56 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2005 :  13:25:21  Show Profile
First of all let me say I LOVE the calendar. It works well and something our HR really wanted.

Now my question: Is there a way to use the calendar without it posting to a forum at the same time? I would just like to use the calendar for events and not have them appear in any forum except the main events calendar.

Maybe I set it up wrong. I added a few of my groups to the array in cal_config.asp so there would be something in the drop down box to add an event. That seemed to be key to be able to add an event.

What I have done to work around this is to create a forum called calendar and let the posts go there.

Am I doing this correctly?

TIA

Marilyn

red1

355 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2005 :  14:07:17  Show Profile
quote:

Is there a way to use the calendar without it posting to a forum at the same time?

sorry, this was really the intended design of the calendar: to have a topic so that you can have discussions about the events. If you just need a scheduler of some sort, there are plenty of calendar scripts on www.aspin.com

Yes you're doing it right. To limit all the events posts in a specific forum, get the forum_ID of that and use it in cal_config.asp. There needs to be at least 1 forum in that allows postings or the calendar won't work. You can also have different forums so that you can categorize the events (for a school forum for example, you can have different forums for academic events, sports events, social events, etc.)
Go to Top of Page

mtercek

56 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2005 :  15:03:59  Show Profile
Good advice. Appreciate the help!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07