Events Calendar mod not posting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phrostbyte
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  02:41:20  Show Profile  Visit phrostbyte's Homepage  Send phrostbyte a Yahoo! Message
I got the mod from snitz bitz.com I got the one for a fresh verson of snitz so I could just copy and paste the files... I still had to do a little adding. I got it up and running. Everything works but when I post and event nothing shows on the upcomeing events or recent events sections.... None of the events post on the calendar?!
my forum>> http://www.dijitalsquare.com/forum2/default.asp

Login: dijitals
Pass: test

red1

355 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  04:46:20  Show Profile
probably something wrong with post.asp as the form for the calendar isn't showing up. can you post a text link to post.asp so i can find the problem

My Mods:
New Events Calendar
New Non-database Active Users
Go to Top of Page

phrostbyte
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  04:59:10  Show Profile  Visit phrostbyte's Homepage  Send phrostbyte a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by red1

probably something wrong with post.asp as the form for the calendar isn't showing up. can you post a text link to post.asp so i can find the problem

>> http://www.dijitalsquare.com/forum2/post.txt

If you can help that would be great. This MOD stuff is pretty tough. Sounds not so hard, yet always seems to be
Go to Top of Page

groggo
Starting Member

Belarus
35 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  05:10:35  Show Profile
i may be a newbie but this isnt right for a start

quote:
'#################################################################################
'## Page-code start
'#################################################################################

if request("ARCHIVE") = "true" then
strActivePrefix = strTablePrefix & "A_"
ArchiveView = "true"
else
strActivePrefix = strTablePrefix
ArchiveView = ""
end if

remove the gaps sometimes when ya paste code in it adds a line to the code this is what it should look like i think

quote:
'## Page-code start
if Request.Querystring("event") = "1" then
For each iForum in arrCalForumID
If cLng(iForum) = cLng(strRqForumID) then
blnCalAllowed = TRUE
Exit For
End If

quote:
why did you not post this at Snitz?

The main reasons why this was not posted at Snitz and why I might not post the bugs I find
directly at Snitz anymore are the ways "ruirib and HuwR" take pleasure to criticize just about
anything I post and seem to resent the fact that I want to improve and correct Snitz which, I agree,
serve as the original base for my own Forum.

These are some of the actions I find unacceptable:
ruirib and HuwR take fun to Delete some of my topics, of my replies, locked or move my topic.

A topic posted last week from me to Davio in "Help: MOD Implementation" Forum as been deleted.

Two replies in my topic as been deleted about a bug on snitz topic page:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=5.96&TOPIC_ID=44136#372029

A Fix to texanman as been deleted (first reply to texanman subject):
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66162

One of my Multi-Language Topic on Snitz has disappeared last night
Multi-Language and Multi-Language Skin3D
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40765

etc...

3 times I changed my password and the day after the same game start.

Since I send to HuwR a donation of $200 on December 22, 2006
this guy HuwR has never stop to pick on every thing I post on the Snitz Forum.
Go to Top of Page

phrostbyte
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  05:16:44  Show Profile  Visit phrostbyte's Homepage  Send phrostbyte a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by groggo

i may be a newbie but this isnt right for a start

quote:
'## Page-code start

if request("ARCHIVE") = "true" then
strActivePrefix = strTablePrefix & "A_"
ArchiveView = "true"
else
strActivePrefix = strTablePrefix
ArchiveView = ""
end if

remove the gaps sometimes when ya paste code in it adds a line to the code this is what it should look like i think

quote:
'## Page-code start
if Request.Querystring("event") = "1" then
For each iForum in arrCalForumID
If cLng(iForum) = cLng(strRqForumID) then
blnCalAllowed = TRUE
Exit For
End If

Thanks.... that did the most nothing I have ever seen. I'm just kidding. Thanks for the tipe I did that but it still dont work.
Go to Top of Page

groggo
Starting Member

Belarus
35 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  05:30:18  Show Profile
lol ok

quote:
why did you not post this at Snitz?

The main reasons why this was not posted at Snitz and why I might not post the bugs I find
directly at Snitz anymore are the ways "ruirib and HuwR" take pleasure to criticize just about
anything I post and seem to resent the fact that I want to improve and correct Snitz which, I agree,
serve as the original base for my own Forum.

These are some of the actions I find unacceptable:
ruirib and HuwR take fun to Delete some of my topics, of my replies, locked or move my topic.

A topic posted last week from me to Davio in "Help: MOD Implementation" Forum as been deleted.

Two replies in my topic as been deleted about a bug on snitz topic page:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=5.96&TOPIC_ID=44136#372029

A Fix to texanman as been deleted (first reply to texanman subject):
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66162

One of my Multi-Language Topic on Snitz has disappeared last night
Multi-Language and Multi-Language Skin3D
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40765

etc...

3 times I changed my password and the day after the same game start.

Since I send to HuwR a donation of $200 on December 22, 2006
this guy HuwR has never stop to pick on every thing I post on the Snitz Forum.
Go to Top of Page

Tam

Sweden
56 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  07:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Tam's Homepage
Looks like you haven't edit the post.asp at all?
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  08:41:54  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
You didn't do any of the required changed as found in the ReadMe text file. I just downloaded it and none of the Post changes were made. You may want to verify you have made all the changes for the various files (i.e. ACTIVE.ASP, ADMIN_FORUMS.ASP, CONFIG.ASP, DEFAULT.ASP, FORUM.ASP, INC_FUNC_COMMON.ASP, POP_DELETE.ASP, POST.ASP, POST_INFO.ASP, TOPIC.ASP, and ACTIVE_USERS.ASP) As of right now NONE of the mandatory changes were done in atleast one of those files ;)

If You Have to Ask, You Wouldn't Understand.
Go to Top of Page

phrostbyte
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2005 :  23:12:51  Show Profile  Visit phrostbyte's Homepage  Send phrostbyte a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by TStewartFan

You didn't do any of the required changed as found in the ReadMe text file. I just downloaded it and none of the Post changes were made. You may want to verify you have made all the changes for the various files (i.e. ACTIVE.ASP, ADMIN_FORUMS.ASP, CONFIG.ASP, DEFAULT.ASP, FORUM.ASP, INC_FUNC_COMMON.ASP, POP_DELETE.ASP, POST.ASP, POST_INFO.ASP, TOPIC.ASP, and ACTIVE_USERS.ASP) As of right now NONE of the mandatory changes were done in atleast one of those files ;)

If NONE of the changes where made then wouldn't it not work @ all? I downloaded the version of the mod where it had the moded files already done for a fresh version of snitz... So all I was sapose to have to do was copy and paste the files to my forum. The new files would overwrite the old ones. I got it from snitzbitz.com

Go to Top of Page

TwistedTJ
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2005 :  00:59:22  Show Profile
From what you posted in the other help topic of yours, have you set up cal_config.asp file? you have to have a forum for the events calender, and you set that forums number in cal_config.asp
Go to Top of Page

red1

355 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2005 :  08:56:51  Show Profile
if you're still having trouble, email me and I'll send you files that work with 3.4.05

My Mods:
New Events Calendar
New Non-database Active Users
Go to Top of Page

SigRob
Starting Member

Poland
6 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2005 :  15:58:04  Show Profile
I have the same problem. Although everything seems OK inside calendar messages are not posted. They appear on designated forum list set in cal_config.asp. All calendar block is empty…

I am running 3.4.05 with Access db on my intranet site. I did double checks. Any solution for this…

.:SigRob:.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07