Installing Mods
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

conqug04
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2005 :  17:49:03  Show Profile
I am new to this whole snitz idea, i am willing to learn how to add mods as i like the overall look and use of Snitz. the mod i was tryin to add on was the avatar mod. It told me to upload files. So i uploaded all the files in the folder to my forum dir. Then it said go to MOD Setup and click on avatar on the drop down box. Where is this box, i only get an empty space there so you can type text. Also it tells you to change the code on some files like config.asp, do i just open this file using Notepad and change the files then upload them again to my webos and overwrite the old ones.

Any help would be much appreciated by a noob forum maker

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2005 :  18:09:56  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
www.url.com/admin_mod_dbsetup2.asp

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2005 :  18:22:06  Show Profile
quote:
Then it said go to MOD Setup and click on avatar on the drop down box. Where is this box, i only get an empty space there so you can type text.

You must be using a host that doesn't support FSO (FileSystemObject), so open the file starting with DBS_ and copy & paste all the contents into the box where you can type in the text - that should work
Go to Top of Page

conqug04
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2005 :  19:39:25  Show Profile
Thanx Laser!

PeeWee that link was to a site that was under construction
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2005 :  22:01:34  Show Profile
congug04, he was just letting you know, to type your forum url, and go to the admin_mod_dbseetup2.asp file on your forum. So if your forum was at www.myforum.com, you would go to www.myforum.com/admin_mod_dbsetup2.asp.

But his post was very short and didn't explain what to do, so it was quite easy to mis-understand what he was trying to say.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07