New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

philwhite
Starting Member

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2004 :  08:41:57  Show Profile
Has anyone any ideas as to how to implement the following.

I want some boards to be open to all members for viewing and posting, other boards to be available to only a reserved list and a couple of boards with the following permissions:

Anybody can view them (guests or members)
Anybody can post to them (guests or members)
Only moderators can reply

The idea is to prevent inane answers to straightforward questions. Maybe I'm just being thick, but I don't see a way of doing it without some serious code redesign!

Phil White

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2004 :  11:58:49  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Anybody can view them (guests or members)
Anybody can post to them (guests or members)
Only moderators can reply

Enable topic moderation - then the moderators of that forum can reply, but anyone else who tries to reply will have to be filtered through.

reserved list, all you have to do is set permissions to "allowed member list"

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

philwhite
Starting Member

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2004 :  13:35:12  Show Profile
Response edited:

Thanks. Hadn't thought of the moderated board option. We're only testing the Snitz board at the moment, and given the chaos on our current board, the moderators would have to sift through a heap of rubbish, but it would ease off when people realize that only sensible answers are permitted. It would also mean that the moderators have to check every topic initially also. It's a workaround, but better than nothing.

That only works for the whole forum though. I want to do it for certain boards only.

The reserved list is already in place on a couple of boards. That wasn't the problem.

Thanks again.

Phil White

Edited by - philwhite on 18 December 2004 14:30:51
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2004 :  15:20:55  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
you can set that per forum

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

philwhite
Starting Member

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2004 :  16:48:29  Show Profile
My apologies. I was trying to set it on forum level. I didn't realize that you have to set it for category level first. Sorry for wasting your time.

Phil White
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07