Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2005 :  10:31:17  Show Profile
Rich, this is the longest cry for help I have seen in a topic. I can't bear to see you keep asking for help without any response.

So let me lend a hand...or a voice...or whatever!

I'm not aware of the database setup by doramoon so you might have to post the contents of the .DBS file.
If it added database fields to the FORUM_TOPIC table, it also needs to be added to the FORUM_A_TOPIC table. Did you check if does?

Also any additional fields that were added by mods need to be added to the FORUM_A_TABLE.
The same goes for the FORUM_REPLY and FROUM_A_REPLY fields.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  05:06:28  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Woo Hoo! Thanks, Davio ...

No .dbs file at all ... just code changes ...

If you need access to anything, just let me know [I use Table Editor on the rare occasions that I need to access the database - no MS-Access].

What's next?
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  11:59:58  Show Profile
Ok, do you have any other mods installed that added fields to the FORUM_TOPIC table?

Basically I need you to do a side by side comparison of both tables: FORUM_A_TOPICS and FORUM_TOPICS and check the differences between them. Meaning which field is missing from which table.

Also do the same for FORUM_A_REPLY and FORUM_REPLY.

The default tables come with the same fields in both tables. So if you have a field that is in one table, and not in the other, then we will need to add it.
But don't add them yet. Just let me know which one's are missing.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  19:30:57  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
OK ... I printed all the tables -

FORUM_TOPICS & FORUM_A_TOPICS both have 32 fields. All are identical, except the order is a bit differnt. The two that are out of order are: T_MAIL & T_ARCHIVE_FLAG

On FORUM_REPLY & FORUM_A_REPLY there are 14 fields, again all identical but somewhat out of order. Again, 2 fields are out: R_STATUS & R_MAIL.

If you need access to Table Editor, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  23:32:26  Show Profile
Ok Rich. Sounds we can rule out any table problems then.

To speed things up Rich, cause this could take time to debug, you think you could back up your forum files, along with your database, into a zip or rar file and give me a link to download it or email it to me?

Or, you can copy your forum files into a new folder, using a copy of your database and I can use that to test the archive problem. Would need ftp access to your files though.

Either way would help speed it up for you, without going back and forth here on the forum. And you have been having this problem for a few months now.

How about it? If you sending your site, email me at dsilvera AT gmail DOT com
Remove the spaces of course.
If you copying your forum on your server, email me the info to connect from the forum.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2005 :  07:27:36  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Davio ... a zip file is on its way.

Thank you very much!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07