MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 add to topic instead of edit topic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2004 :  03:45:50  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
is there anybody that made or ha ve some ideas to make a function similar to edit topic, that instead to allow u to add and edit the prevoius topic, allow u to only add some text or images without the possibility to edit the previous things ????
it would be very nice, so the people cannot modify so easly that they wrote.

is it clear??

bye ste

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2004 :  08:41:06  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
I don't remember seeing an add-on like this anywhere, but it would make a nice MOD I'd say

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2004 :  08:52:50  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
just curious but whats the point of that?

I know what your saying but what logical reason would there be for this? if someone has to edit something, they made a typo or something, they can edit the topic.

If they want to add to their post, they can edit the topic and leave the original stuff there...

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2004 :  10:47:05  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
agreed... adding to a post is considered editing. why re-invent the wheel? what differences or enhancements will be obtained?

Go to Top of Page

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2004 :  02:39:30  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
in some fields isn't allow to modify the original post, but only add something; at least i need it and i'm thinking how to make it.

moreover i often read on the net that a lot of people get angry cause somebody edit the post changing the argument or the meaning of the post; it create a ot of confusion. So i don't think it's a so stupid thing.

what do u say, is it so difficult? from where can i start? "editing" the reply.asp page??

bye ste
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2004 :  09:13:35  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
When another person edits the post, chances are they're a moderator or administrator, as they are the only allowed to edit posts besides the original author.

It is the right of the admin/mod to edit the content of the post in order to maintain the boards, thats the whole point... I dont think I get what your trying to say.

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2004 :  16:56:20  Show Profile
There is an edit/delete time limit mod here. Someone posted another at the bottom of the thread.
You can set the edit time to 0, but that would affect all posts and wouldn't allow for adding on.

I took a quick glance and you should be able to do this by adding a field to the forum table in the db. Then you can turn it on/off when you create/edit a forum. Then you can control individual forums. I think all the changes needed are in post.asp.
If you need help let me know.

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2004 :  05:18:09  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
tanks to all.
Next week i'll start to create the mod

bye
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2004 :  06:56:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cripto9t

I think all the changes needed are in post.asp.

And post_info.asp to update the db.

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2004 :  05:26:01  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Da_Stimulator

When another person edits the post, chances are they're a moderator or administrator, as they are the only allowed to edit posts besides the original author.

It is the right of the admin/mod to edit the content of the post in order to maintain the boards, thats the whole point... I dont think I get what your trying to say.

I simply don't wanna that people change the old post, and when they wanna change something, oh well they can only add something.

is it an impossible mod???
i'm pretty newbie so i don't know from where to start. I think i've to follow the edit mod, only changing something. In fact in method=edit in the message field is possible to read and modify the old message.
It would be enough to save the old message in a variable and have the message field empty. So the user can write the text to add, and than add the new text to the varibale. somethng like in the Injection mod in post_info.asp
txtMessage = txtMessage & .....

could it work??

bye

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07