PM from Active Users page?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2004 :  16:47:59  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
If I wanted to give people the option to PM each other from the Active Users page, what code would I have to add to have the PM icon show and, of course, make it work?

eXtremeGossip

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2004 :  17:27:03  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
You can add the following to active_users.asp to make the PM icon show up:

Locate the following section of code and add the parts marked red:

'## Ls3k - Get Online Members information, and print whatever we get
strSql = "SELECT ME.MEMBER_ID, ME.M_NAME, ME.M_AUHIDE, AU.AU_IP, AU.AU_LOGINTIME, AU.AU_LASTACTIVETIME, AU.AU_LASTPAGE, ME.M_ICQ, ME.M_YAHOO, ME.M_AIM, ME.M_MSN, ME.M_PMRECEIVE, ME.M_LEVEL, AU.AU_QUERYSTRING, AU.AU_USER_AGENT " & _
         "FROM " & strTablePrefix & "ACTIVE_USERS AU, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS ME " & _
         "WHERE AU.MEMBER_ID = ME.MEMBER_ID ORDER BY AU.AU_LOGINTIME"
set rsAM = my_conn.execute (strSql)
if rsAM.EOF or rsAM.BOF then

Then find the following section of code at the beginning of sub profileOptions() and add the parts marked red:

response.write getCurrentIcon(strIconProfile,fLang(strLangMOD_Ls3kAU_01460) & " " & rsAM("M_NAME") & fLang(strLangMOD_Ls3kAU_01470),"hspace=""0""") & "</a>" & VBNewLine & _
  If strDBNTUserName <> "" and rsAM("M_PMRECEIVE") = "1" and strPMStatus = "1" Then
        Response.Write  "                <a href=""privatesend.asp?method=Topic&mname=" & ChkString(rsAM("M_NAME"),"display") & """" & dWStatus("Send " & ChkString(rsAM("M_NAME"),"display") & " a Private Message " & "") & ">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconPmprivatemessage,"Send " & ChkString(rsAM("M_NAME"),"display") & " a Private Message","align=""absmiddle"" hspace=""0""") & "</a>" & vbNewLine
  End If

If your PM-icon image has another name than strIconPmprivatemessage, you have to change it to match your variable-name. It is defined in inc_iconfiles.asp.

If you need any further help, let me know.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2004 :  17:40:45  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, that worked fine

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2004 :  18:31:01  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
You're welcome .

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07