Topic replies error
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  18:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
I daresay I have seen a topic on this issue somewhere, but I may be mistaken.

My problem is that I can post new topics fine, but whenever I reply to one I get this error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

/Jorrit787/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 609

It also shows an invalid post count and country...

I set up this test account: test/test

eXtremeGossip

Edited by - ruirib on 17 November 2004 20:06:42

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  19:14:24  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
you have given us a test account, but no address to your forum. have you installed any mods lately?

Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  19:20:50  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Oops, sorry! The address is www.efforum.tk

I have recently installed the NIS Patch, Custom Policy, FAQ Administration and Private Messages MODs.

Thanks in advance for the help

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  19:57:59  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
hmm, I log on as test/test and it gives me a success message, but does not keep me logged on. This generally means you are running frames which I confirmed that indeed you are. The way IE handles 3rd party cookies, this will not work out easily for you. I would do a redirect instead of a cloak. I would NEVER recommend asking someone to lower their security ratings

quote:

To lower browser security settings

1) Select "Internet Options" from your browser's Tools menu
2) Click on the "Security" tab
3) Make sure the selected zone is "The Internet" (the globe in the top menu has to be selected)
4) Make sure the security level is set to "Medium" or lower

These new settings should be permanent once you have performed this action.

Edited by - dayve on 17 November 2004 20:01:28
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  20:03:38  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
Okay, the error does not occur when you actually post, it displays the error in the topic under their name and continues into the message area.

http://n.1asphost.com/Jorrit787/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11

What is the number 1 showing or starting to show under the account name test in this post?

Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  20:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

hmm, I log on as test/test and it gives me a success message, but does not keep me logged on. This generally means you are running frames which I confirmed that indeed you are. The way IE handles 3rd party cookies, this will not work out easily for you. I would do a redirect instead of a cloak. I would NEVER recommend asking someone to lower their security ratings

quote:

To lower browser security settings

1) Select "Internet Options" from your browser's Tools menu
2) Click on the "Security" tab
3) Make sure the selected zone is "The Internet" (the globe in the top menu has to be selected)
4) Make sure the security level is set to "Medium" or lower

These new settings should be permanent once you have performed this action.

I wonder why it does frames... Probably because I use the link redirect. Isn't there a way to omit this? I remember reading this somewhere - You have to add a few lines of code to your default page to make it frameless.

If that is not an option, how do I make a redirect?

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  20:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Okay, the error does not occur when you actually post, it displays the error in the topic under their name and continues into the message area.

http://n.1asphost.com/Jorrit787/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11

What is the number 1 showing or starting to show under the account name test in this post?

I think it is the MemberID.

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  20:06:29  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Looks like some mistakes were done when adding the mods. Review the changes you made for each mod, because they are the cause for this.

I'm moving this to the Mod Implementation forum.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  20:09:00  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
Like I said earlier, it is happening due to the way IE handles cookies and frames. Put this in your inc_header.asp file

<script language="JavaScript">
 if (parent.frames.length > 0) {
  parent.location.href = location.href;
}
</script>

Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  20:09:08  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
I found it!

In the PM Mod 3.5 Readme it does not instruct you to increment the value behind the rest of the rM_<something> = n (around line 513).

I tried that and it worked.

eXtremeGossip

Edited by - Jorrit787 on 17 November 2004 20:18:38
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  21:07:17  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Like I said earlier, it is happening due to the way IE handles cookies and frames. Put this in your inc_header.asp file

if (parent.frames.length > 0) {
  parent.location.href = location.href;
}
</script>

Where should I add it? I added it at the beginning of inc_header.asp, and now it comes up with this:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400' 

Expected statement 

/Jorrit787/forum/inc_header.asp, line 39 

^

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07