[URL="__"] mod?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2004 :  12:34:36  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
I would like to modify the {url="something"} tag so that I don't have to use quotation marks. How would I go about doing that? I tried just deleteing the "extra" quotation marks in inc_func_common where there's a "{url=""" and """}" but that didn't work.

I just want it to look between the = and the ] for the URL and not between some quotation marks.

What else do I have to change?

Edited by - semifamous on 12 November 2004 12:38:23

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  12:49:52  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
Is bumping allowed if it's been a week? I hate bumping my stuff, but I'm really wanting to get this done...
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  13:30:53  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I don't think it has been given any priority by anyone because why fix what is not broke? What purpose does it serve to add quotes around the url?

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  13:46:09  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
That's what I want to know.

See, currently, you have to have the quotes for it to work. I don't *want* the quotes. How do I get rid of the requirement to have quotation marks?
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  14:16:15  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
Had my phpBB brain on for a second, they use quotes, Snitz does not, I meant to us the word remove in place of add, but again ... why change it? I've always wondered by phpBB and other forums did not have quotes in their URL tags. I may take a quick look for you, but it really may not be worth the hassle to modify the forum this way.

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2004 :  11:25:06  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
idaknow.

It just seems like an extra step (that I always forget to check for) to type in the quotation marks.

It's such a minor chane that I thought I could do it myself, but I guess I really don't know what to look for. I know that the a href tag should have quotation marks, but it seems kinda unneccesary to need them in the url tag.
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2004 :  12:18:59  Show Profile
Rather than worrying about quotes & formatting when posting a link, why don't you use the format buttons to fill the tag in properly.

Set the format mode to prompt, type in the link description, highlight it, click on the link button in the format toolbar and type in the url without quotes in the prompt.

cheers,
Nat

Sadly, most Family Court Judges wrongfully reward opportunistic gold diggers
that use our children unjustly as "instruments" of power.

www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07