New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy Humm
Average Member

United Kingdom
908 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2004 :  14:41:54  Show Profile
I have recently noticed as administrator, logged in, then had a power interuption to my adsl 4 port router and ever since i can not get my username to remove from the active users even though it shows i am not logged in at the time at the top of the forum. I have re logged in and out and still the same, I have removed all cookies in IE6,logged in and out, no avail.
Doing a bit of searching through forum, I have noticed the IP address shown in the active users ended with 48 and displays i am still logged on., but when i have logged in now, in my profile I have an IP last ip ending of 237... Is there a some reset solution to get the initial log in, logged off.. Maybe this will help to get the active user username to remove.. The forum works ok when I have another username log in and out from same 4 port network, but it still shows my username all the time and it still shows the Ip address ending with the newer 237..

???
Any help would be appreciated..
rgds andy

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2004 :  15:17:14  Show Profile
I think the only solution is to directly edit the AU table and remove the record.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2004 :  15:26:35  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
All visitors (members and guests) shown as active will be removed after the timeout period has passed without any activity. If something changes for a visitor before the timeout occurs, it will be updated (including the timeout period). What have you set as timeout period for active users on your forum?

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

Andy Humm
Average Member

United Kingdom
908 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2004 :  17:20:25  Show Profile
Hi Jan
I have timeout set for 30, is that 30 mins, because the active time was well beyond 340 minutes and climbing..

Since all this just for interest, I have managed to sort it.. Download the database file, amend IP details in the FORUM_ACTIVE_USERS table..and set the 1 to -1 (false) in first column.. its worked!!
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2004 :  17:48:09  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Yes, that is 30 minutes. If a user isn't removed after 30 minutes, then something isn't right. Are visitors now removed from active users when the timeout-period has passed after the visitor's last loaded forum-page?

The change you made in the database, meant that you converted the entry from a member to a guest. You could just as easily have removed the record as laser suggested. In any case, Im glad you solved it.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07